IVF-Infertility.com home

There was no heartbeat

Forum for those who have lost their babies through miscarriage, neonatal or stillbirth.

There was no heartbeat

Postby Claire » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:33 am

Hello girls,

Don't know where to start really. We had a BFP on October 26 but a 7 wk scan on tuesday showed no heartbeat and a v. small embryo which looks like it stopped growing at 5 wks. I ws scanned twice by two drs but the prognosis is not good.
I have to go back again on tuesday for another scan to be double sure that the pregnancy is over. The drs warned me that there was very little hope that anything would change but they want to be on the safe side.
So that's it for me this time.
I don't know how I should be feeling really. I'm trying to be strong because I know I've got to continue with the IVF and these knocks could just keep coming.
Although I was v. excited when i found out I was pregnant I did hold back in case anything horrible happened and I think that has helped.
But at the same time during the three weeks I thought I was pregnant I felt so lovely and not alone because I knew a little life was growing inside me. During the times when I was at home on my own I didn't feel alone it was like I had company. Sounds weird I know. I just feel so v. sorry that I couldn't do anything to keep it growing.

I'm gutted but I'm not falling apart or anything. Does that make me hard? I just hope I am dealing with the situation and it doesn't come back and kick me down in a few weeks time.
DH is coping fine, he's a huge rock for me. He has a good outlook on life. I just hope he really is ok. I think so.
I'm trying to focus on the positive things in my life and I'm grateful for those. I'm also v. lucky to still have 11 embryos left, something which i know many girls would dream of.
I hope everyone is ok,
take care
Claire x
First IVF cycle Feb 05, 7 frosties waiting.
1st FET Aug 05 -ive
2nd FET Oct 05 +ive sadly ended in m/c at 7wks
3rd FET May 06 -ive
4th FET Nov 06 +ive praying hard every day x
I'm 33 and DH is 35 ttc for 11 years
Claire
Regular

Postby Susan L » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:53 pm

Hi claire

im so sorry this has happened to you its such a hard thing to deal with and im sure you are coping in your own way.

this happened to me and i know how it feels to have to keep having the scans always wishing it could be different it hit me hard when i was told there was nothing changing.

it takes time to take it all in so spend as much time with your DH having cuddles

i never thought of giving up though i had a couple of bad experiences like lots of people on here and i got there in the end so i hope it all works out for you too

Loads of luck for the future
Me 27 DP 28
ttc 6 years started ivf Oct 03 due to M/F
ICSI Oct 03 negative
ICSI April 04 Positive but ended m/c at 10wks
FET Nov 04 positive boy girl twins born 5th july 2005 at 35weeks Blake 6lbs13oz kirsten 6lbs10oz
Susan L
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:25 am

Claire,

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I know what you mean when you described how loving it felt knowing there was a life growing inside of you, I felt that way too.

I hope your next scan brings better news, but we are here for you if you receive tough news.

Grief is a journey, and as cautious as we all try to be about getting pregnant, it is devastating to lose it once you've had it.

You're in my thoughts and prayers now, and in the weeks to come.

Hugs.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Return to Babies - Loved and Lost