IVF-Infertility.com home

Summer 07' Baby's.....

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.

Postby buckeyegal » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:32 am

Hey guys...not much time, but thought I'd do a quick post.

Had to get Ellie to the pediatrician today. Her eye was all gunky and irritated. I was afraid it was pinkeye, but thankfully, it'sjust an irritated tear duct. We'll be doing drops for the next few days. I feel bad for her though, because she's very frustrated with it.

I've got an appt. for our photos this Saturday. I actually found a place near me called Portrait Innovations. Some friends took their babies there and were really pleased, so I'm going to give it a go. Hopefully Ellie's eye will look better by then!

g'night....
Kim
me--34, DH--38
IVF Oct. 06--BFP--TWINS!

buckeyegal
Regular

Sponsor

Postby buckeyegal » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:43 am

WEnt to get 3 month pics done today....they turned out so cute! I will try to post some soon. I just have to figure out how to do it. have a good weekend!
Kim
me--34, DH--38
IVF Oct. 06--BFP--TWINS!

buckeyegal
Regular

Postby thook » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi Girls-

Kim - can't wait to see them... I'm sure they turned out so cute.

As for us we're doing great... I think Aubrey is staring to teeth.... she has been drooling like crazy the last few days and everything she gets in her hands goes into her mouth. I also stuck my finger in there and she was going to town on it... We did have her Christening yesterday and thankfully everything turned out beautiful. I'll try and post a few pictures later....

Tasha
thook
Regular

Postby crasmus » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:49 pm

no to much time to say hellow, as i'm sure that mr cranky pants will be up soon... we are still having the poop issue...

tasha- Gavin's baptism is this coming sunday... i'm still trying to get all everything put together... Gavin started drooling like crazy just the last day or two... i do not see anything in his gums, but they might begin feeling them growing... my other two got teeth just about 4 months.. can not wait to see the photos...

kim- glad that you like the photos.... we are going to get a mom and all three of my boys done in our BEARS stuff for my DH's bday.. we are going on wednesday...hope that ellies eye is better..

casy-sometimes when babies go through a growth spurt they will eat more often to build your milk supply up, so introducting a bottle can hinder that milk production... i was told to try and hold off for 3 hours, with a pacifyer or anything.. the more times that you pump the more that you will usually get as it's different then actually BFing.. if you intro formula try mixing with breastmilk, it helps the transition..

well, i hear him a fussing.... hope that everyone is well...take care
colleen
ImageImage
crasmus
Regular

Postby buckeyegal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:51 pm

Hey gals!

I just posted my twinnies' 3 month photos....they're toooo cute! I hope you like them.

Both Ellie and Braeden have also started to sit in their Bumbo seats....they love them!

Hope you all are well....
Kim
me--34, DH--38
IVF Oct. 06--BFP--TWINS!

buckeyegal
Regular

Postby thook » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:04 pm

Kim - they are adorable.... and they are getting so big. Well your using your bumbo already? I haven't tried mine yet, but I thought the baby's had to be sitting up on their own before you could use it???? If I'm wrong then I'm going to start using mine right away...

Tasha
thook
Regular

Postby buckeyegal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:32 pm

tasha--My box said they just have to be able to hold their heads up on their own...it helps them sit up! Try it!
Kim
me--34, DH--38
IVF Oct. 06--BFP--TWINS!

buckeyegal
Regular

Postby thook » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:30 am

Kim- thanks... someone got us the BeBe Pod at our baby shower, but now I'm thinking I want the Bumbo because you can get the tray that attaches to the Bumbo.

Thanks,
Tasha
thook
Regular

Postby crasmus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:13 pm

hi girls... i got a few pictures posted too..

kim- they are really cute, and look so different... the photos turned out great!!

i tried the bumbo a couple of times and gavin hated it... i think that his thighs are too chubby and it wasn't that comfortable for him.. there are so many babies i know that absolutly love it...i tried..

well... have a great day!!!
colleen
ImageImage
crasmus
Regular

Postby thook » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Colleen - Gavin is so adorable... and he's holding his head up so good. I love the chunky cheeks!

Tasha
thook
Regular

Postby buckeyegal » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:32 am

Colleen--Gavin is such a doll! I love the black and white photo collage...too cute!

Girls, I need some advice. DH and I are trying to get a better bedtime for the babies. We had been feeding them every 3 hours as their pediatrician recommended, so we were waking up around 7ish, and eating every 3 hours from there. That meant our early evening feed was around 7:30 ish. Both babies would end up playing/relaxing until they fell asleep around 9ish or 9:30. But then we were still waking them up around 10:30 to do the last feed....however, as you can expect, both babies were not eating much at that feed because they were sleepy. So, we want to try and cut out that last feed. Of course, we're petrified that they will now wake up at 3 in the morning hungry! Any advice? When are you putting your little ones to bed? When do they tend to wake up? I'm so nervous about changing things because they're doing pretty good at sleeping through the night...but, it just doesn't seem to be very worthwhile to do that last feed. Any hints/tips would be really appreciated!

Have a good night...hope you all sleep!
Kim
me--34, DH--38
IVF Oct. 06--BFP--TWINS!

buckeyegal
Regular

Postby thook » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:53 am

Hi Kim- Aubrey is pretty much on a set schedule... she comes home from the sitter at about 6:00pm and usually eats at 6:30pm - she's then up for a bit and then takes about a 30-45 minute cat nap. When she wakes up we then give her a bath (on bath nights - every other day), put her jammies on, give her another bottle at about 9:30pm, read her a book after her bottle and then she's out until 6:45-7:00am the next morning.... that has been happening for the last month to month and a half. She seems pretty content with this schedule and so are we. I have noticed that if she doesn't get that little cat nap in every night she is very cranky and doesn't sleep well. Good luck sweetie...

Tasha
thook
Regular

Postby crasmus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:19 am

kim- i would love to give you advice, but we are no where near a clear schedule.... i try and do the same thing every night, but he wakes up at 3 or 4 am about 33% of the time, and sleeps till 7ish about 33%, and sleeps till 8ish about 33% of the time.... he get a bath, massage and last feed starting at about 800 and in bed around 930. Lately he hasn't been feeding as well because he is backed up.. our ped said that there is not a lot to do for him (becase he started to refuse a bottle) but we could do the baby lax, suppository not all that fun... they said to try juice or kayro syrup. but that is if he takes a bottle... my poor little guy just needs to poop... sorry for going on about poop... i was talking about a night time schedule...

can you try and give them a little more each feeding through out the day? then they can get the same amount, and you could spread out the evening one a little to get their last feed in at 900ish?? just a thought... you could always try one night (maybe a weekend so DH can help) and see if they wake up in the middle of the night.

well i hop that you find something that works... i'm still trying
colleen
ImageImage
crasmus
Regular

Postby cmoscar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry I have been MIA. Makayla is having another rough round since we attempted to remove her from the medication for GER. We tried for 5 days, but she is now back on. The ped is trying another two week round and then we will try again. I am so frustrated. She is in pain much of the time without the meds, but they do not want her on them much longer. Her growth has stalled at 12.2 lbs. She has weighed this for the last three weeks. She is also spending more time sleeping again. I have started to feel like a failure to her. I feel so helpless. The boys were so easy compared to her and I have become sleep deprived again since she is eating every hour again. I am trying to stay happy, but there are days I am not sure if I can really do this. We have already hit the three month wonder age and yet we are still colicy. Everyone seems to be settling in and happy. I pray everyday that we will wake up and Makayla will be better. We spent four hours at dinnertime walking her around because she was crying out as if in excruiating pain. Nothing seemed to help her and she finally fell alseep for 30 minutes only to spit up and cry more. What can we do to help her then?

I am sorry, I wasn't going to start this, but I am so upset. I have worked so hard to get her and yet I cannot help her. I love her so much I feel all her pain. My grand mother told me I have spoiled her. Is that even possible? Can someone tell me I am on the right track and that this will end and I can enjoy my baby girl? If any of you have advice, please offer. I am really open to any suggestions (other than one telling me I am a bad parent).

Makayla is crying again, I will be back.
Racheal Matos
1st IVF - Oct 06 - BFP It's A GIRL!

ImageImage
cmoscar
Regular

Postby thook » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:29 pm

Rachael- please don't ever think that you are a bad parent... you are doing everything you can in order to help Makayla. I wish you all the best and if you ever need to vent we're here for you sweetie!

I will say a prayer at church this weekend that things get better for you very soon.

Tasha
thook
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Parents after treatment