BUMPIN' 08 - Fall Mommies

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.
TammyS
Valued Contributor

Post by TammyS » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi Kbear....I remember you. Congrats!! Zach had a noisy voice box too. He has already outgrown it. He would squeak when he ate. NICU told me some babies have it and it is nothing. So I never worried about it. Zach actually snores just like his Dad, too. LOL :roll:

Loopie....cant wait to see your work on photobucket. How fun!

Geckogirl...glad to hear Declan is sleeping through the night now. I also thought that our snoring, moving around and everything was keeping Zach awake....which is why we moved him wayyyy earlier than we ever thought we would to his crib. I think I would've gone crazy by now...if Zach was still getting up in the middle of the night. I am really lucky. He continues to (knock on wood) sleep from 9:30ish to 7:30/8:15 am.

Michele....soooo exciting to be gearing up for another round of IVF. I am seriously jealous. LOL I saw a show on TESE....not fun. I love Ellas laugh. It melts my heart to hear Zach laugh...he loves to laugh. I voted for Ella...gonna go vote again today, too. Hope she wins.

Suga...Sorry to hear that Kenzie is sick. Zach was sick with a cold last week, too. Vicks Plug-Ins worked pretty well for us...along with the humidifier, snot sucker, saline drops, and believe it or not Vapo Rub on the bottom of their feet. The girls on my local mommies board suggested putting vaporub on the bottom of his feet and then put socks on and then into a sleeper. They swear by it. The newest studies are to not put it on their chests or under their noses....but the bottom of the feet...is okay. Worth a shot.

Rio...It would be sooo cool if we all got to meet one day. I am off to go look at photobucket pics, now. :D

Hi Corny! We miss you on here. I read your blog regularly. I cant believe how big Abby is getting. Just a few more days till surgery. I will be praying for her quick recovery.
Me~42/DH~48
3 IUI
IVF 1~1.28.08 Zach
IVF 2~4.5.10 M/C
IVF 3~8.6.10 BFN
IVF 4~9.5.10 M/C
IVF 5~10.30.10 BFN
IVF 6~11.29.10 M/C
IVF 7~2.3.11 M/C
IVF 8~Cancelled
End of the road

Sponsor

TwinMommy
Regular

Post by TwinMommy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Tammy: When Kenzie was snoring (no longer is for some reason or another) the doc. said if she kept it up she may have to get her adenoids out because babies are not supposed to snore? BUT every pedi is different and you know I do not totally understand mine! lol. I did the Vicks wall plug in last night...worked the first half of the night not the latter. I did the foot thing also...I will do it with socks tonight.

Well ladies, Corny and her baby go in to the hospital Tuesday! So lets keep her family in our prayers!!! Abby is a champ so we know she will pull through!!!

Kenzie ate at 10PM (5 oz) and not again till 7AM!!!! I tried to feed her at 3AM after her sister (like usual) but she would not wake up....so I was like ummm k odd, and put her back down. She woke up at 5AM and she needed help getting snot out of her nose. Then I tried to feed her again to get her to go back to sleep. Did not want to eat! Ummm, k? So I patted her butt while holding her and she went back in her crib and woke up at 6:40!!! Now seriously...if she did not wake up at 5AM with a stuffy nose I think she would have gone the night!

So should I do that again tonight? Not wake her up at 3AM after Brooke and just let her sleep? If she wakes up at 5AM should I rock and pat her butt for a minute or will she get used to that next?? Or should I feed her at 5 if she wants it?

Brooke is getting the cold now. Starting out just how Kenzie did *sigh* hopefully she does not get as bad.
Me: 25 PCOS, BFP 1st time with twin girls!

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10723;35/st/20080805/n/Mackenzie+and+Brooke/k/08dc/age.png[/img]

CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Post by CT_Michele » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:17 pm

rio- DH says TESE itself is not painful, but he said the numbing needles and recovery were pretty bad. Last time he went back to work the next day, but this time he will probably take 2 days off. For our last cycle, I had 8 mature eggs and on day 3 we had 4 perfect embryos, put back 2 and 1 stuck.

tammy- thanks for the votes. I think she might win, I know it seems to be a popularity contest at this point. My brother makes all of his co-workers vote everyday.

suga- in my opinion, I would not wake them to eat. When Ella started sleeping through the night, it happened gradually. When she was hungry, she would let me know. Just be thankful you may be getting your nighttimes back to yourself soon.

corny- my thoughts and prayers are with you and abby. I don't know much about why she is having surgery. it is gastrointestinal, right? what exactly are they doing? We will be thinking about you.

I took Ella to the children's museum with a local parents meetup group I have joined. It was fun. Even though she is not really old enough to do any of the stuff there, she really enjoyed looking at everything and had another giggle fit at one of the toys. I will definitely take her back again in a couple of months.
Me- 28 DH- 33 Male Factor
1st IVF- 12/07- BFP! Ella Michele was born 8/26/8
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
1st FET- 09/09 - Chemical
3rd IVF - 04/11 - Embies didn't make it to ET
4th IVF - Fall 2011??

TammyS
Valued Contributor

Post by TammyS » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Suga...definetly dont wake them up...even if you do have to get up more often at first....eventually they will sleep longer and longer at a time. Worth a try anyways. Hmm....I never told the doc about the snoring. I think I will call him on Monday...I didnt know. Thanks. :D

I cant believe tomorrow marks 1 yr since my egg retrieval and on the 28th my embryo transfer. So I am sitting here...getting all sentimental and all... and I just watched a video that a friend of mine made and realized that I dont think I ever shared it with you girls. So, here it is. http://831photography.com/customers/zacharyschimpf/
Me~42/DH~48
3 IUI
IVF 1~1.28.08 Zach
IVF 2~4.5.10 M/C
IVF 3~8.6.10 BFN
IVF 4~9.5.10 M/C
IVF 5~10.30.10 BFN
IVF 6~11.29.10 M/C
IVF 7~2.3.11 M/C
IVF 8~Cancelled
End of the road

cornybaby
Regular

Post by cornybaby » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi All! Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing wonderfully. Kbear, welcome and congratulations! I am so excited for you. And I am jealous of all of you who are sleeping through the night. We are still battling reflux so our nights are still rough, but I think when Abby gets out of the hospital we will transition her to the crib and let her sleep on her belly. She does so much better that way. We bought the Angelcare monitor earlier this week and will use it once we put her in her crib.

Well, the countdown is on. We are being admitted on Tuesday and surgery is Thursday. To answer the question asked by CT_Michelle, they will be reattaching the 2 ends of her intestines that have been separated since she was 3 days old. Currently one end comes up out of her tummy near her belly button and this is where she poops out of (into a colostomy bag), and the end by her bottom is just tied off. They will be sewing the 2 ends together and closing up her tummy, and she will finally poop out of her butt like normal. Sorry if I'm being too graphic. :oops: I am very much looking forward to poopy diapers, although we are expecting a nasty diaper rash, seeing how that skin back there has never seen poop before. I am armed with lots of Butt Paste so I am ready for it. I just really can't wait to have life be normal again. The colostomy, although it saved her life, is not easy. It leaks almost daily and she screams bloody murder every time you have to change it, poor thing. It will be nice to improve her quality of life...and ours too.

Well, that's all from here I think. Have a friend I haven't seen in a couple of years stop by today. She's in town from Pittsburgh. Wish the weather would have been nicer for her, but oh well. I'll do the best I can to get online from the hospital to keep you updated. I don't know what the internet access is like there. Thanks for all of your prayers. They are much needed and much appreciated. :) :)
www.itsacornylife.blogspot.com

Me - 36
DH - 39
1st IVF - 11/07 sadly BFN
2nd IVF - 2/08 BFP!!! Identical Twins!!! 1 survivor, 1 angel
6/09 - Natural pregnancy! First beta was 604.

TwinMommy
Regular

Post by TwinMommy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:00 am

Tammy I cried when I watched that...ugh...so emotional! Too cute though! I love stuff like that but can not watch it all the time or I cry hehe.

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10723;35/st/20080805/n/Mackenzie+and+Brooke/k/08dc/age.png[/img]

kbear4211
Regular

Post by kbear4211 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:00 am

Thank you all for the welcome. I have posted a couple pictures on photobucket.

As far as the "floppy voicebox", we have one more appointment to verify that this is what we are dealing with. Pulmonologist says 99% chance this is what it is, but we want to make sure we are not dealing with that odd 1%. He said they will scope her throat, and I am sure she we won't like that much. I will keep everyone updated. Our appointment is on Feb 4th.

Katie has been doing pretty well with sleep. At first, we woke her up to eat in the night, because when she got out of the hospital and a few days later, she was not back up to birthweight yet. We had to go for weight checks twice. Once she started gaining, she went strong. She is now about 10 lbs, and we don't need to wake her to eat at night. A couple nights this week, she has gone for 7 hour stretches. I will take that at 7 weeks.

Corny - I have been praying for Abby all along and I will say a prayer that everything goes smoothly during her surgery. She is a trooper, your little girl. I know everything will be fine. My brother was in a very bad car accident a few years ago and had to have a colostomy for a few months, and had leaking issues as well. Thank God he, like Abby, had it on a temporary basis.

Loopie - Yes, I live in Frederick and it would be great if we could meet sometime in the Spring. We have gotten out some, but with her already having and just getting over a cold, we have been limiting contact outside our household. I will be happy when cold and flu season comes to an end.

Rio - Yes, I am still numb around my incision. My OB says it will be a few months while the nerve endings heal, but my sister-in-law said that she was numb for a couple years after her C-section. I love the photos by the pool. I can't wait to get Katie in a pool. We always go to Wildwood NJ for Valentines day and this year, weather permitting, we are taking Katie with us. They have a heated pool and I just bought her a bathing suit. I want her to love water, like I do, and especially because we have a pool, I want her to learn to swim as soon as she can. We will be in the L.A. / Oxnard area for a week early June. I am not sure where in California you are, are you close to L.A.?

CT - My husband had the TESE as well, twice. He didn't have problem with the recovery at all. You are brave to be jumping back into cycling again so soon. I think Katie will be an only child. At my age, I am not sure how I could handle stimming / pregnancy / childbirth with a toddler. But never say never.

So, how are everyone's dogs doing with the babies. I have two Westies and we were worried, but they have been great. My older one gets concerned when Katie cries. The younger one pretty much just ignores her.
TTC 3 1/2 YEARS
ME - 41/ DH - 39
First IVF Jan '08: BFN / 2nd IVF: March '08 - BFP!
Katie born 12/4/08

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;4;30/st/20081204/n/Katie/k/6485/age.png[/img]

CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Post by CT_Michele » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Rio- your boy looks like he likes the camera! Too cute. I love how he has his arms behind his head like he is just chillin' out by the pool.

Kbear- katie is a cutie!

Corny- I am praying for abby. Sounds like life will get much better after this surgery. My grandmother has had a colostomy bag for over 20 years after being a colon cancer survivor, and I honestly don;t know how she does it. I can't imagine a baby needing one. You will be in our thoughts.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??

TwinMommy
Regular

Post by TwinMommy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Kbear: Our dogs do well with the girls...just a bit jealous when they get all the attention so we make sure that at night when the girls do to bed we pay attention to them. Who needs just husband/wife time right? There is always SOMEONE who wants attention haha. I am so happy your little one is doing well!!!

Kenzie is starting to get over her cold. Still stuffy but much better. Hopefully Brooke does not get any worse than just her cough

cornybaby
Regular

Post by cornybaby » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:31 am

Wow. What amazes me is that I had never heard of a colostomy before, and since Abby had her surgery, people left and right are coming out of the woodwork who have them. People I've known for years have siblings (who I've met before), parents, people they know who have them. Sadly it is much more common than most people would ever know.

kbear - I'm glad you brother only had one for a short time. I am so sorry he was in an accident.

CT_Michelle...20 years? Wow. When Abby got sick I found out one of my dear friend's mom's has had one for over 40 years. Since she was in her early 20s...I just don't know how anyone could live for so long with it. But it puts it in perspective for me. We've only had to deal with it for 5 months. I should be thankful for that.

Ahhh shoot...she's stirring. Better go for now.
www.itsacornylife.blogspot.com

Me - 36
DH - 39
1st IVF - 11/07 sadly BFN
2nd IVF - 2/08 BFP!!! Identical Twins!!! 1 survivor, 1 angel
6/09 - Natural pregnancy! First beta was 604.

CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Post by CT_Michele » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:55 pm

corny- I don't think a colostomy is something people like to show off, so i bet there are a lot of people who have them that we don;t even know. When my grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer, it was pretty advanced and at a time when surviving it was rare at that late of a stage, so i know she considers herself very fortunate to be a survivor, but i know she hates the thing. It is embarassing for her and she has to plan so much around it. I look up to her for being able to deal with it. I am just glad your little Abby won;t have to worry about it soon. We will all be thinking of you, and update us when you can...
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??

riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Post by riogirl71 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Can you girls post your feeding/sleeping shedules? I am just curious as to how we are all doing it... here is mine:

3a.m. bfeed 30 min - back to sleep
7a.m. bfeed 30 min - off to grandmas
11 a.m. bfeed 30 min at work
30 min nap
2 p.m. bfeed 40 min
20 min nap
5p.m. bfeed 40 min
20 min nap
8 p.m. bfeed 50 min
10 p.m. sleep
11p.m. bfeed 30 min
back to sleep

Corny- I am praying that all goes well for Abby! welcome to poopie diapers! :) it is actually not that bad! Please let us know how it goes, I hope she does ok and does not have pain pooping.

Suga- I hear ya sister! We have 3 large dogs and by the time I cater to baby and dogs, there really isn't much time or energy for DH :( How are your DH's coping with less attention? I think it bothers mine a bit since I am pooped after working, taking care of baby (I bfeed so DH does not feed him and I change diapers since my Dh's back is bad) and dogs... Hope the girls feel better!

Kbear - yes - get her in the pool! We actually have a hot tub and keep it at 97F so this way we can always go in with him. It is too cold here otherwise even in summers to have a pool, which I would love to have! I bet he will be shocked to learn that not all bodies of water are at a comfy 97! I think it will be a while with the numbness, it is weird sometimes it frieks me out. But I want to have another so I should just get used to it! I will check out pics of Katie today! I wish we were closer to LA but we are about a 6 hour drive :( I would have loved to meet you and Katie! Our dogs do pretty well, our female could not be more gentle and loves the baby, our 14 yold just sniffs him once a week, our 9 month old is a moose, we really have to watch him, he means no harm but is a baby himself and has no idea that he is about 75 lbs already. He tries to poke the baby with toys, but overall not jealous.

Tammy- that is such a beautiful video! oh my goodness! Brought tears to my eyes, it seems like yesterday, doesn't it? I can't believe it has been one year since we were going through ER, ET and the 2WW! WOW what a rollercoaster, and look at us now! We all have our precious miracles!!!

CT- did you freeze the other 2 embies? I thought you didn't have frosties. I get all confused these days - sorry! That is great that you put 2 and got 1. I get worried about how many to implant now... but I should cross that bridge when we get there! How are you doing? I can't believe you are going through it all again! I am nervous but excited about doing it. Go Ella - yea I voted a ton! Funny we went to children's museum too! For a friend's party, he was too young and quite overwhelmed!

Gecko- how is DH day care?

Loopie - how are you?

Mellie - AF show up yet? Here is a little "show up AF" dance! Image
me 39 + DH 46 low mot - chemo
#3 IVF Lost one twin at 8 wks
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF

riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Post by riogirl71 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Suga- the girls are sitting! How cool!!!! How cute are they?
Kbear- katie is a doll!!!!

Mellie_1233
Regular

Post by Mellie_1233 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Rio - :lol: Thanks for the AF dance! She hasn't shown up yet. Good grief! I want to get this show on the road! (literally, we'll be traveling to CO for IVF :D ) I worry about how many to put back, too. We put back 3 blasts and one took. I think they'll probably want to put 4 back this time if I have 4.

As for our schedule, it's not very regular yet. I try to take her lead. Here's a rough approximation;

7:30am: wakes up, eats about 4 ounces
10:30: eats 3 or 4 ounces and then naps for an hour or so
12:00: wakes up and eats about 4 ounces
sometimes there's a short nap in here somewhere
3:00: eats about 4 ounces
3:30: takes a longer nap
5:30 wakes up andd eats about 4 ounces
8:30: eats about 4 ounces
10:30 eats about 4 ounces then goes to sleep
5:15: wakes up and eats about 3 ounces then goes back to sleep until 7:30

Corny - Little Abby is in my thoughts and prayers. Poopie diapers aren't nearly as gross as I thought they would be. I think it's b/c it's coming from your own baby. Somehow even using the snot sucker doesn't gross me out. :shock:

For those of you who have stopped breastfeeding, how long did it take to get your AF back?
ME: 36 DH: 36 - now both 39
DOR

CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Post by CT_Michele » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Rio- We did not freeze our two last time, sadly, we just couldn't afford it. We are going to try to freeze if we have any left this time, in case it doesn't work and our insurance will run out after this try. I am looking into some financing options now.

As far as feeding schedule goes, ours is not set, Ella definitely lets me know when she is tired or hungry, but it is about the same everyday, so here it is:

First bottle between 6-8 am, 7 oz
back to sleep for a couple hours
Next bottle 10-11 am 6 oz
Nap around 12-1
Third Bottle around 2-3 6 oz
Another nap around 4-5
Bottle around 6 pm 6-7 oz
Last bottle between 8-9 pm usually a small one, 4-5 oz
Bed between 9-9:30

I also give her solids once a day, either with the lunch or dinner bottle, she will have 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and about a half a jar of baby food.

My cycle is progressing. Lots of appts coming up, all the pretests. Dh has TESE consult on wednesday. I ordered my meds today, $214 in copays. Even though insurance covers a lot, there is still a significant amount of out of pocket costs. BUt I think this is the right time for us, I don;t want to wait, and I will keep you guys posted. I am on target for starting stims on 2/20 with ER/ET first week of March.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??