Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.
- Posts: 529
- Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 4:10 pm
- Location: Shreveport, LA
I love winter holiday traditions. What are yours that you are carrying on with your kids or what news ones are you starting? Here's ours, we celebrate Christmas:
1) Making tree ornaments every year as a family. I started last Christmas when I was pregnant with Brooke. I put the ornaments in a canister and put in a note about how I was pregnant and looking forward to spending future holidays with her. My plan is to put notes in with the ornaments every year and for them to be read aloud as the tree is being decorated - kind of a little sentimental Christmas snapshot of our family every year for us to look back on.
2) A repeat present every year (my family gives me pistachio nuts). For Brooke, we'll be getting the US Mint coin set for her every year. For the new baby, we've decided on a USPS stamp set.
3) Each year, I plan to put a Christmas picture of the kids in a ornament photo holder to put on the tree so we can look back and see how far they've grown.
4) Christmas socks! In my family, silly Christmas socks must be worn on Christmas day.
Like I said... I love holiday traditions, what are yours?
Me: 38 2X Ectopic; DH: 38 MF
IVF #1 ET 10/11/10 BFP Brooke Marie
IVF #2 ET 11/11/11 BFP Travis James
- Posts: 208
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 am
- Location: Sacramento, CA
Hmm, good question!
Well so far the only Holiday tradition DH and I have started is buying a new ornament every year. We have been together for 5 and have an ornament for every year. I am hoping to start some new traditions with this new little one I am baking
I love your idea about the Christmas socks! My SIL does pajama pants and I think that is a cute idea.
Congrats on your newest BFP!
IVF 1 & 3 BFN
IVF #2- Chemical
IVF # 4 -Beta 1=135 Beta 2=320 11/28- HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!!! 135 BPM!
12-12-11- graduated from the RE. HB 170 ! Healthy Bean- I love you!
7-11-12- Landon William Mink born! 8lbs 13 oz Healthy BEAUTIFUL BOY!