IVF-Infertility.com home

travel with twins and some news

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.

travel with twins and some news

Postby Juliana » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:29 pm

Hi girls,
I am so proud to tell you we passed another (tiny?) milestone and managed to get our twins to Bulgaria to see my extended family! I was wondering how it would go but with nice advice from Debra and some preparation, they behaved like seasoned travellers, did not even cry on the placne, looked with interest at everything and everyone and were a pleasure to be with! the only thing that caused some stress was that the toilets of the Boeing were so small I could not cahnge Alex there properly, Dh was more practical and changed Nadia on the seat (on a towel of course) but one stewardess gave me a nasty speech about people enjoying their meals when I tried to do the same with Alex on the way back. Honestly, I wish they would have a place to change the kids, I struggled so mcuh with changing Alex in that tiny space, I did not open the diaper properly and later when i checked in the airport toilets there was some stuff in his pants which should have been in the diaper :shock: ! How silly is that!
I was filled with emotion to introduce my lovely kids to my aunts and uncles who doted on them appropriately and the babies sucked up the attention so everyone was happy. Now we are back to work and alone with mum and dad, they seem a bit disappointed and I was missing the family too, but one cannot have everything and I am happy to have my lovely twins.
...and now they are trying to crawl - mastered the turning finally on their tummy and are moving arms and legs like fish out of water and crying quite a bit in frustration that they cannot move yet - has anyone had this - what do you do?
love and greetings to all,
juliana
Juliana
Regular

Postby DebraP » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi Juliana - trying to crawl already? oh boy! I can't help with what to do really. Do they have supported daily tummy time? ie. someone sitting with them? It is extremely frustrating. I visited a friend with a 4m old and he was angry all the time as he was ready to move but couldn't. Maya was extremely slow with all her gross motor skills and didn't ever really roll over, was nearly 1 before she crawled, quickly switched to shooting around on her bottom and then didn't walk until 20m! Now at 23m, there's no stopping her!!

I'm so glad the flights went well. What a relief! Also lovely to hear your family enjoyed meeting the babies. I agree that the inflight changing mats are a joke. Solid plastic and WAY too small. Only good for newborns really. I've changed Maya on the floor before, there's little choice really.

Good luck with that crawling.....
Debra
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Juliana » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:35 am

Hi Debra,
Indeed they are angry all the time now, especially Alex who just cannot bear the frustration, Nadia figured out that she can take breaks on her tummy and rest and then try again...
but by and large I cannot complain, they are really behaving well considering what I've seen from friends with babies this age.
Hope your 2ww is not feeling too long and that the former house owners do not bother you any more. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
love,
juliana
Juliana
Regular

Return to Parents after treatment