IVF-Infertility.com home

anybody doing june cycle

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

anybody doing june cycle

Postby wendywoo » Fri May 26, 2006 10:43 am

Hi girls
i'm looking for some support for my 1st ivf attempt startig on the 5th of june.I'm so excited that it is finally going to start. Anybody else having a cycle around the same time?
Love wendy xxx :lol:
me 31 dh 33
ttc 4.5yrs
preg in 2003 miscarried at 9 wks
6 months of clomid
1st ivf june 06 - BFP!!!!!!!
TWINS!!!!!!!
wendywoo
Regular

Sponsor

june cycle

Postby kwallebach » Fri May 26, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi-

I am starting my first IVF attempt tommorrow; beginning with Lupron injections. Of course I have spent too much time researching the side effects of Lupon on the Internet and have managed to totally freak myself out.

I'm excited too but also very nervous; have male factor infertility and bordering on high FSH....

Are you starting with Lupron in early June?

Velobunny
kwallebach

hi

Postby wendywoo » Sun May 28, 2006 9:43 am

Hi Kwallebach
Thanks for posting a reply. Hope all is going well for you on day 1 of your ivf cycle. I collect my drugs next monday but it doesn't say anything about lupron on my invoice. It say,s buserelin, cyclogest and menopur are you on any of them drugs?
Where you from chuck, where you getting your treatment done?
Wishing you lots of luck, hope to keep in touch
love wendy xx :wink:
me 31 dh 33
ttc 4.5yrs
6 months of clomid
TWINS!!!!!!!
wendywoo
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Sun May 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Hi all,
i will be june cycle, i am almost at the end of my lupron go back tuesday 30th for supression check and scan, had some cysts so need to make sure they have gone before going on with treatment,

started Lupron 20 units daily 16th may
return for supression check 30th may
start 450 Gonal F plus 10 units lupron
EC 6/7-6/13

Velobunny, oh boy what did you read? i didnt even read the leaflet that came with the Lupron i knew id freak my self out.....like i did with the progesterone injections....please dont read up on that if you have to take those injections, what reg you on?

Wendy Good luck with your first cycle hopefuly 1st time lucky for you...whats you reg going to be?

good luck
love baby dust Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby wendywoo » Mon May 29, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi Debz and Velobunny.
Thanks for your replies. As it's my 1st try i'm abit confussed, don't know what you mean when you ask what reg am i on?
How did u get on with down regging what were your symptoms? Fingers crossed the cyst gives you no trouble and i'm sorry to read that your 1st try was a bfn. Good luck for tomorrow
love wendy xx
me 31 dh 33
ttc 4.5yrs
6 months of clomid
TWINS!!!!!!!
wendywoo
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Mon May 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi again wendy,

im sorry get so used to using abreviations i forget, i meant what will your protocol be....this is mine

started Lupron 20 units daily 16th may
return for supression check 30th may
start 450 Gonal F plus 10 units lupron
EC 6/7-6/13

as for down regging last time i had no problems at all a few hot flashes but nothing really this time im bloated (like a puffer fish) i got my af this time too i didnt last time also they had me on Lupron for 10 days the first cycle this time ive been on it 15 days now i cant wait to start my stimms hope to feel better with it..i know i will eat my words when i get tons of eggs (hope to anyway)..so i think it depends on your body for that month i dont think there is a norm,

wishing you tons of luck and tons of follie dust...

how you both getting along?

love hugz and pma to all debz

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby wendywoo » Mon May 29, 2006 7:20 pm

Hi Debs
Sorry about that, i don't know my protocol yet, suppose i'll find out next monday in my injection class.
Things seem to be different this time for your d/regg, maybe it's a good sign.
Are you getting put to sleep for your egg collection? i've heard stories good and bad. I'm a bit of a wimp so i'm hoping to get put out.
So excited about getting started next week, let us know how you get on tomorrow
Love wendy xx
me 31 dh 33
ttc 4.5yrs
6 months of clomid
TWINS!!!!!!!
wendywoo
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Mon May 29, 2006 8:14 pm

hi wendy,
yeah im praying the changes are a good thing, im excited now not to long then can move on with all this...why im so excited about three injections a day i dont know...IVF sends you nuts i think.

ahhh ok you do things different i had my nurse appointment before baseline so i got my instruction sheet then. good luck with that will you do your own injections?
im blessed again there my hubbys a trauma nurse so he does all mine ...although i do give him a lot of advice (he appreciates this very much) you can imagine.

as for egg collection oh boy yes i will be out cold... last time i just got sedated (was out cold) different guy this time this one like to knock you out ....fine by me...i also get a hot water bottle given to me by the clinic after EC to use for three days im not worried about EC at all well maybe the amount ...your not a wimp at all sleeping through it is always good

love hugs baby dust to us all....debz

will post tomorrow when i know more fingers crossed

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby AuntyPebbles » Mon May 29, 2006 8:18 pm

kwalle
how are you getting on with the lupron? hope your worrys are all gone?
ive been on it twice now and no biggie problems just bloating drinking min 3L water a day now try to flush it out (feel a bit like an anoyed puffer fish)
that will pass and i can swell my ovarys right up...woohoo

on my this is all worth it ladys

read you soon hope all is well

love hugs and baby dust debz

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby wendywoo » Tue May 30, 2006 4:23 pm

Hay Debz
How did your scan go today? Has your cyst gone yet? Hope all is looking good for you
Love and hugs wendy x :?:
me 31 dh 33
ttc 4.5yrs
6 months of clomid
TWINS!!!!!!!
wendywoo
Regular

Postby wendywoo » Tue May 30, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi Velobunny
Hope all is ok with your lupron shots, are they as bad as you thought initially?
wendy xx :?:
me 31 dh 33
ttc 4.5yrs
6 months of clomid
TWINS!!!!!!!
wendywoo
Regular

Postby AuntyPebbles » Tue May 30, 2006 11:50 pm

hi wendy, sorry it took me all day to get back to you the clinic didnt call me till 6pm...was soooo worried. are you getting excited yet only a few more days for you to be on the road with us....

anyway no i still had two cysts on the left (one on the ovary and one on the tube) none on the right though so i have to stay on lupron till thursday then go back for another blood and scan i hope i can move forward then... still i dont mind i want the best enviroment for my little one so whatever it takes is fine with me...im thinking they will make me have it asperated before i can move on

velobunny hows the shots going? hope all is well with you not flashing yet
read you soon.

love and hugs debz

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby kwallebach » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 pm

Hi All-

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile, I had company in for Memorial Day and am trying to move as well.

I am on my 6th day of Lupron and am scheduled for my labs and u/s next Friday. I am also taking baby aspirin and low-dose dexamethasone. So far the only thing I have noticed is the amount of times I have to pee (like 5x every night doesn't make for a good night's sleep).

I will have to take progesterone after the retrieval...maybe I don't want to read up on the side effects.

I'll be starting my Follistim next weekend, I've heard that the follicle stimulation drugs often make people get very bloated.

How are things going with you?

VeloBunny
kwallebach

Postby AuntyPebbles » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:03 am

hi Velo,

as for bloating the Lupron has done it for me this time flippin huge..working on it...same thing with bathroom breaks....please please please whatever you do do NOT read up on progesterone you think luprons bad..... now good side is i know people who have taken it and thier babys are all fine so pretend the leaflet in the box says : ingredients Sticky Baby Dust...known side affects are lots of embies sticking where they should :wink:

i was on follistim last time it wasnt bad at all i didnt get any of the warning stuff like bad moods bloating went really well so fingers crossed it will all be the same for you....

love and hugz debz

AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions