IVF-Infertility.com home

Joy - a thread for us!

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.

Joy - a thread for us!

Postby DeniseM » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi Joy.

We seemed to be missing eachother all the time so I thought I'd start a thread for us, that way when I have a minute I'll pop over and update for you, and you can do vice versa. Its funny how being a new mom makes you sooo busy. Even when I can read here most of the time its tough to type as I have at least one little one in my arms!

I'm loving being a mom, as I'm sure you are. The girls are growing so fast and changing so much. It seems like just yesterday you were pregnant with Joey and we were wondering what child birth was going to be like.

Anyways, I hope you see this, I'd love to keep this current with you!

Hugs,
Denise
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Sponsor

Postby princess » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:51 pm

aww sweetie I am touched.
Joey is sooo big and will soon be popping some teeth.
he has been teething for what seems like forever chews on everything and drools all over. It's wonderful. send me some update photos of the girls I would love to see them.
How are they sleeping? Have they started to take bottles? My friend juat had twin boys at 34 weeks they stayed in the hospital for about 2 weeks but they are home and healthy she is a little beside herself with how much work they are.
Joey is a handful now
he doesn't l;ike to lay he would rather you help him stand
he rolls around he is giggling and oh just the love of my life I never imagined it would be so wonderful !!
Love
YOu
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:27 am

That's exciting - any idea whether the top ones or the bottom ones will pop through first. My girls were born with little ridges already where the teeth will come so I can't help but think that they will be early teethers. That will probably be also the time I think about weaning, lol.

I had my dr. appt today, and all appears well other than bp still a little up, and I haven't stopped bleeding yet. Any idea how long that's supposed to last? They're going to send me for an u/s if it lasts for another 2 weeks.

Both the little gaffers are in bed for now, I don't think this will last though... fussy time can sometimes go til about 12:30 or so. I love the mobile, but the stinking thing went through the first set of batteries in just 4 days.

Anyways, hope all goes well with you guys!
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby princess » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:10 am

I wrote this long reply and my puter went nuts.
How are you and the girls doing??
Are you getting sleep?
Joey is sleeping better he still wakes up but only once or twice a night. Every night seems to be different though and if we miss his bed time forget it he is a bear.
He is rolling all over the place now. Doesn't stay in one spot. Loves to eat. His favorite so far is sweet potatoes. ICK !
Hope all is well.
Love
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:57 pm

OMG, needles today. That was horrible. Thought I was going to cry when they were screaming. I'm caught between knowing it has to be done, and wanting no one ever to hurt my babies. I made Shawn hold them, I couldn't do it.

Just think, less than a month and we can do it again. How'd you survive needles?
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby princess » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:25 pm

Oh my the shots killed me at first too. Somehow I got used to them we had to switch docs cause of insurance and it was such a blessing. THis new doc will not do all 4 shots at once we do 2 a month it is so much better. Josh has been the one to hold joey too; this last time I did though just in case Josh can't be there. He doesn't cry as much with just 2. We have his 6 month check up this week so he will get shots again.
How are the girls doing? send some pics please!
Love
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:17 pm

Hey sweetie
Sorry its been so long. The girls are keeping me running, and we just got through the thanksgiving weekend.

Last night I had quite a scare. I woke up and Alyssa had her blanket in front of her face... I got a little panicy, and actually was rubbing her and splashing water on her to get her to cry... was scared she wasn't breathing. Mind you this is the child that sleeps like a rock, and it took her awhile to wake up.

I probably over reacted, I know I did. But no more receiving blankets in the bed with them, way too scarey.

You guys making plans for your thanksgiving?
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby princess » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:43 pm

sorry it's been a long time. I space out alot.
What a scare. I have a monitor that can feel his movement and stuff in his crib and one night the alarm went off which scared me to death cause that would mean he wasn't breathing. What happen was he moved to a place on the mattress where it coulnd' t dectect his breathing. He was fine but I didn't sleep the rest of the night.
He is all over the place these days. He is trying so hard to crawl but hasn't matered it yet. he says ah ba ba ba all the time though he doesn't know that ba ba means bottle. He's so funny. He is getting so big.
How are the girls doing?????
Love
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Gorgeous pic! What a little man!

The girls commercial is starting to air, wished you lived in Canada so you could see it too.

My Grandparents are coming over for a visit tonight, so hopefully not too late of a night....lol, getting used to crawling in bed at 8 pm.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby Smita » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Denise and Joy,
How're both of you mommies doing?
I love reading up on you girls and your lil uns.
Denise did your lil uns appear in a commercial?
Joy,
Joey is such a lovely baby.

cheers,
smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby princess » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:43 pm

SMITA,
How are you sweetie
Please join our thread here. HOw is life treating you these days?
Joey is getting so big I can't beleive how fast time flys sometimes its sad to see him grow so fast. He is doing so many new things. Most days just keeping up with him wears me out.
[color=red]Denise[/color] that commercial was precious. How long did it take to film? Did they use both girls? I wish we got to chat more often but seems like whenever one of us tries these little ones demand an audience lol. Your off of work for like a yr right?
love
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi Smita. I can email the commercial if you want to see it, it only airs in Canada.

Both girls are in it, first Alyssa then Lily, but both very briefly. It actually was a fun experience. We may never do it again, but it was worth doing it this time anyways.

I'm trying to get them back to the cribs for nighttime sleeps, so I'm transitioning having them in there for their naps... has been a little stressful as Lily has objected quite loudly, and then is mad for about 2 hours after. Strongwilled little thing.

Anyways, I'm going to go downstairs and enjoy a coffee while my angels sleep/play in their cribs.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby princess » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:02 pm

Joey hated the crib at first too. We still have problems at like 3am when he gets up to eat sometimes I have to take him back to bed with me. I don't mind I like his little cuddles. lol
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:36 am

Smita, try this link and tell me if it works:
Last edited by DeniseM on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby Smita » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:54 am

Denise it worked - i only just saw this ( was wondering if you got my email or not) and it was such a cute commercial..
but oh i got to see lily and ally for such a short second!
i played it over and over!
thanks sweetie.
Dhruvaa's trying to stand these days and toppling over sideways..
Joy, whats joey upto?

hugs,
smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Parents after treatment