IVF-Infertility.com home

2006 Babies

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.

2006 Babies

Postby DeniseM » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi guys. I know some of you are on here frequently still. I don't fit Oct/Nov, and there's noone really on the 2005/2006 thread, so I'd love to have a thread where all of us can chat.

Anyone thinking of ttc another yet?
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Sponsor

Postby princess » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:48 am

Hi Honey,
How are you and those wonderful girls doing?
Are you going back to work?
Feels like we haven't chatted in forever.
princess
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:21 am

Yeah, no kidding. Time seems to go in spurts where I have lots of it, then absolutely none at all.

We're closer to STTN, but not there yet. Last night Alyssa did 11 hours, but tonight has already been up for a late night rendezvous... so who knows when they'll start to do it regularly. I'm thinking we're not too far off from teeth, so that will screw up the routine again anyways.

I'm looking into buying another playpen so I can divide and conquer(I've been putting them in the same one for naps still, but they're getting really tall, 75 percentile for height).

Sweet temperments, thank goodness. They just want to play and smile all day long, and laugh at the foolishness the dogs get into.

I've toyed with the idea of ttc, but am honestly scared of having three babies at once... lots to handle. Also, I know sometimes that using fertility drugs has a lasting effect and could end up with more than that...lol. I love having twins but I don't think I'd want another set, holy molely!

How's the king of the castle been doing lately? He's got to be cutting his molars soon...eek.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby jomae » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:36 am

Hi Denise
I'm with you Jacobs 4months old today and we don't really fit in anywhere either the lovely ladies in the oct/ nov thread have been nice enough to have me but I'd love to join your new thread for a chat aswell.
Just this week DH and I made an appointment with our doc to organize our next cycle thankfully this time i'll only be doing a Fet and not needing all of the drugs providing the embies defrost properly. I only have 4 so heres hoping i really don't want to have to do the full cycle again.
Im actually in two minds myself about going back so soon I was pregnant with twins with my last pregnancy but lost one early on and the possibility of having twins this time and Jacob does seem overwhelming at times I'm sort of greatful I only had one to begin with seeing its all so new I don't know how you handle two at once I definately know theres things I will do differently next time I won't be so naieve ( sorry spelling). On the other hand I'm so excited to start again I love having my little Hansom as i call him and want him to have siblings close in age and I loved being pregnant. Our appointment is the 30th of this month and I don't know much about Frozen cycles and how they work or how long things take but i presume i would have my transfer next time i ovulate which would be the end of february but i could be wrong like I said I have know idea how a frozen cycle works. Are you planning on cycling soon or are you still deciding do you have any frozen to use or do you need to start over.

Any way I best go it's time for Jacobs last feed for the night I look forward to keeping in touch and i hope your girls are well at the moment we have teeth coming up and down so the little mans a little grizzly.

Are your girls rolling yet?

Take Care Chat Soon
Jomaexxx
jomae
Regular

Postby jomae » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:37 am

Hi Denise
I'm with you Jacobs 4months old today and we don't really fit in anywhere either the lovely ladies in the oct/ nov thread have been nice enough to have me but I'd love to join your new thread for a chat aswell.
Just this week DH and I made an appointment with our doc to organize our next cycle thankfully this time i'll only be doing a Fet and not needing all of the drugs providing the embies defrost properly. I only have 4 so heres hoping i really don't want to have to do the full cycle again.
Im actually in two minds myself about going back so soon I was pregnant with twins with my last pregnancy but lost one early on and the possibility of having twins this time and Jacob does seem overwhelming at times I'm sort of greatful I only had one to begin with seeing its all so new I don't know how you handle two at once I definately know theres things I will do differently next time I won't be so naieve ( sorry spelling). On the other hand I'm so excited to start again I love having my little Hansom as i call him and want him to have siblings close in age and I loved being pregnant. Our appointment is the 30th of this month and I don't know much about Frozen cycles and how they work or how long things take but i presume i would have my transfer next time i ovulate which would be the end of february but i could be wrong like I said I have know idea haw a frozen cycle works. Are you planning on cycling soon or are you still deciding do you have any frozen to use or do you need to start over.

Any way I best go it's time for Jacobs last feed for the night I look forward to keeping in touch and i hope your girls are well at the moment we have teeth coming up and down so the little mans a little grizzly.

Are your girls rolling yet?

Take Care Chat Soon
Jomaexxx
jomae
Regular

Postby Smita » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:24 pm

I'll join you girls as well... :D
Still wondering abt having a sibling for dhruvaa..
maybe i'll give it another year for me to enjoy her..dont know :?

hugs,
smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby EYCI » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi Girls -

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here too.
:D

I too am already thinking about the next one. We were lucky to have 5 frosties. Jomae, I feel exactly the same as you... lost a twin with this pregnancy and sometimes wonder now how I would ever manage with two right now. Makes me nervous for the next try... do I put back 1 or 2? I guess I should feel very lucky to be able to put 2 back though! I feel sort of GUILTY for already wanting/thinking about another baby. We will probably try when "H" is just over a year old.

H is not STTN yet. Sometimes he goes 7-8 hours at a stretch, at other times it is only 4 hours. He goes down at 8pm. Some have "suggested" to keep him up until 10 or 11 but I don't think even I could stay up that late. It is nice to have an hour in the evening for just me and DH.

Teething - H has been for 3 weeks already. Lots of drool and gnawing on everything possible. I think he is having a harder time eating as he rarely takes more than 3oz at a time now and it used to be 5. Wonder when the first tooth will pop through.

When did your babes start reaching for stuff?

Have a lovely day, ladies!

--Julie
Me 36, DH 34 - Creating our family since 2002
EYCI
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:20 pm

No teeth here yet, but the drooling has been endless. My girls wear bibs just to keep them a little dryer.

I'm glad to see you guys joining here - very exciting!

Honestly, I'm not sure about the FET protocol, my twins are IUI miracles. But its got to be easier than the retrieval, etc.

Smita, I think I'm in the same boat as you, I'm probably going to wait a bit. Though in the back of my head, I still know how long it took to get here, so who knows?

I love being a mom, makes all the hard work getting here, and the hard work now worth while.

Hope you all are well!
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby princess » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ladies
Wonderful to see everyone giving updates.
Joey has 2 teeth and another 2 coming through. He is now 30 inches tall and 20 pounds 15 ounces.
He has taken a few steps but not too many, he mostly just walks around the furniture.
At the present moment he is throwing cherrios to the dogs., He thinks he is very funny.
the new thing at the moment is he has started clapping. It is oh so very cute.
We are thinking of trying again in the begining of June.
That;s all for now.
Love
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby jomae » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:12 pm

Hi ladies
Sorry haven't been able to get near a computer to post Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying there little and big bundles Jacob had his 4 month health check last week he's 8kgs and 68 cms long so a very big boy he's been put in the 97% range for his height and 90% range for all his other measurements. My mum has measurements of all the grandkids on the back of her bathroom door and looking at it the other day I noticed that Jacob at 4months is half a centimeter shorter than one of his cousins when he was 7months old and 2 centimeters taller than another of his cousins who was also 7 months at the time so I'm definately wondering how tall my little big man will grow. I took Jacob swimming for the first time a couple of days ago and he loved it we even went under the water twice and i was suprized to see no tears just a little blinking we even managed to capture the moment of him right under the water on camera such a proud moment my boy the swimmer.

Smita great to see you joining us how is Dhurvaa getting I'm sure she'd love a little brother or sister to play with .

Hi Joy I can just imagine joey throwing cheerios to the dog they get so cheeky Jacobs just starting to throw the occasional toy just to see what happens.

Hello Denise like you jacobs lives with his bibs on to other wise i'd be changing his clothes every hour a good trick to releive the gums when they get sore is to rub them with you finger until they squeek apparently this releases endorphins and takes the pain away.

Hey Julie Why feel guilty for wanting a sibling I say go for it we have an appointment on the 30th of this month to start the process again although like you I am definately nervous about how many to put back I don't want to decrease my chances by only putting one back but am a little worried about the prospect of two little babes at once i guess we'll decide what to do at the time. But don't feel guilty everyone deserves to have the family they dream of whether its one or six children we just need to remember to be supportive and understanding of those who are still trying and to be sensitive to them. Just in the last two weeks has Jacobs really been hanging on to things hes been reaching for sometime and holding onto thing but hes dropped them easily but now he can grab and pass from hand to hand mind you it's funny watching him try getting it to his mouth because he hasn't developed the control yet he trys so hard to get something to his mouth and occassionally misses and endes up with his fist in his mouth .

well best go I hope I didn't miss anyone hope your all well hope to hear from you soon

Jomaexxxx
jomae
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi Jomae.

What a good idea! I've been taking the girls swimming too, and wondering how to capture it well for their scrapbooks. I think I'll pick up one of those underwater cameras and see what we can get. Last time we did that was on our honeymoon and we got some really neat photos.

DH and I have tossed around the idea of a vacation with the girls, but haven't really decided if we go with them, or wait until they're older and leave them with Grandma instead.

Did any of you guys do anything exciting for the new year?
IUI twins ~ July 2006
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Return to Parents after treatment