IVF-Infertility.com home

Neg. Ovulation test=infertile?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in infertility.

Neg. Ovulation test=infertile?

Postby kyles_girl77 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:43 am

I took an ovulation test 2 weeks ago, it was negative, then another a week after, it was negative, but now I have my period. Does that mean that I am infertile? I don't want to sound stupid, i'm just curious. Thanks.
kyles_girl77

Postby cookholmes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:03 am

It does not necessarily mean that you are infertile, but you may be annovulatory, or you may not have ovulated this month for any number of reasons. Do not give up just yet, if you keep charting and find that you are not ovulating at all (3-6 months), then you will want to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Good luck!
Denise
-IVF Jan07 BFN,FET Mar07, Beta1=198, Beta2=528
-Reprod Defects, Endo, PCOS
cb/176456.png" alt="Image" />
cookholmes
Regular

Thank you!

Postby kyles_girl77 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:33 pm

I've been witing for someone to reply! Thank you for that info, I plan on attempting to have kids soon, and I worried me when the tests were negative. I'll take your advice, and good luck on everything!
kyles_girl77

Postby nicolamark » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 pm

these tests need to be done daily not weekly, so on day 10 start testing, until u get the +ive. But dont worry yet, i am sure your'll be fine!!

See your doctor for further tests if u are worried!! xx
TTC 9yrs...lots of IUIs all BFN
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
2nd IVF 4 eggs all failed to fertilise
3rd IVF down regging now, EC expected 1st wk of sept.
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Postby white » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:35 pm

hi on advrige you overlate 2 weeks befor you get your periad and thats only stays constent is you lead a very boring life as doing anything can change it and some pepol overlate in there peried.
sperm last 4 days on avrige so every 4days have sex but if he has a low leval then he can run out. you nead to get a book and start righting tings down.
eggs are good for 24 h so you might of mist it if you where testing at difrent times. time every day at the same time.
If you get the nack of it don't have sex for two weeks befor so his sperms at the hiest leval and then if your closes to it then stat and go every 4 days or three.
you nead to time your self for a cupoul of munths to make shore of your times. and have you bean on the pill for a long time that can stop you overlating for a whyal to and its not recomended to try till you bean of it for at least 6months
if first you don't sesead jump on him again! :D
white

Return to Infertility