IVF-Infertility.com home

I am devastated to lose my baby/babies

Forum for those who have lost their babies through miscarriage, neonatal or stillbirth.

I am devastated to lose my baby/babies

Postby Sita » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Girls,

I had my M/C at 7 weeks and my DH and I had a 3 day break just after this but we are still devastated. I am unable to sleep or focus my attention on things. I am trying to find the answers as to why this happened but the Doc has said that she will not do any further tests on me and has recommended that I go through the FET again.

I feel so helpless and depressed. My DH is also taking this quite badly and has been angry with God. We want to start ASAP but I don't think we are ready yet. I cannot bear to think that I may go through this again.

I can't stop crying. I thought I am strong but I am not. I feel heartbroken. Sorry to go on about this but I feel so empty. :? :(

Will appreciate if you can help with any advise.

Love, Sita
Me=37, Hubby=42 (Male and Female factor)
3 IVFs -July 05 -ve, May 06 (OHSS), May 08 -ve
2 FETs - Dec 06 -BFP (MC) and June 07 -ve
4th IVF - fresh cycle - BFP :-) Beautiful DD is 4 yrs
5th IVF - Oct 13 - BFP - MC at 7 weeks :(
6th IVF - June / July 14
Sita
Regular

Postby DeniseM » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 am

Its very normal to be angry and to grieve. I gave my baby a name, it helped me with closure. My baby is always in my heart, and even though I had the twins after, Sydney is my first baby. I mourn her on the day she would have been born, and on the day we lost her. She's like a dream that I almost had, a promise given and taken away. Its even harder I think when you work so hard to get pregnant, and are left with the insecurity of not knowing what your future may hold. Hugs, and prayers. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, you just can't see it yet. Give your heart a chance to heal, as well as your body.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby Estelle » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:48 am

Dear Sita,

I am afraid i won't be of much help, but I do share your feelings. I have miscarried on the 6th week and find it terrible. I sometimes feel it would have been easier if I had not been pregnant at all. We have been trying for 5 years and it is terribly long.
We are also being referred for another one, but as you are, I am terrified to go through all this again. All my husband is saying is that if I do feel scared, the baby will feel scared as well, so you and i will find the strength to fight this feeling. For the baby.
Good luck to you and take care.

regards

Estelle
Estelle

Postby HLD » Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 am

I'm so sorry. I too just found out our child died. I was 10 weeks 1 day. I want to say something of comfort to you but all I can say is that I mourn with you and I'm sad too. You are not alone.
HLD

Return to Babies - Loved and Lost