IVF-Infertility.com home

Joining this side of the board

Discussion forum for those who had completed their IVF treatments without a successful outcome and are seeking other options such as adoption, surrogacy etc.

Postby LORRAINE G » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:48 pm

Hi all<br><br>I know that some of you know me, I have butted in many times on you all and taken comfort from you all so much.<br>Just a little note to say that my one and only attempt at IVF did not bring success and now I am faced with the WHAT NEXT question, like many of you I know.<br>We cannot afford another IVF for at least a couple of years (and that is being optimistic) so we now have to decide whether we want to try IUI or just leave things for a while to see what happens. I am 39 in 4 weeks time so am not getting any younger but I can't see the point of IUI if it has no better chance than natural conception.<br><br>I am one of the very lucky ones, I have two beautiful children from my first marriage, but I long for a child with my DH No2. He is such a fantastic step dad and my heart aches for wanting to give him a child of his own. Life is tough sometimes isn't it? and yet when I read some of your postings I feel that I really should count my blessings...<br>I guess that there are no answers yet, I must be content to let time bring them to me. Just wanted to share my thoughts that's all and to say once again what an inspiration you all are to me<br><br>much love<br>Lorraine G
LORRAINE G
Regular

Postby Grace » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:42 pm

Hello Lorraine<br><br>Just wanted to say welcome and really sorry it did n't work out for you. I was keeping an eye on you and was very sorry to hear your news.<br>These weeks after a negative are a very hard time. As you know I have been through a fair share of them and it is a difficult time both emotionally and physically. I know what you mean about your DH I think all of us can relate to wanting it so badly for ourselves but for them too.<br>Anyway, the main thing is that you are not alone in your feelings. Also, from my experience give yourself time to get over this. There is no real rush to make decisions. I think it good just to get back to being yourself again and enjoying the company of your husband.<br>I know when I am on treatmeant I turn into this obsessed, hormonal creature and it is quite nice to return to a "normal" life. Having the odd drink and nice hot baths etc etc make life more bearable too.<br><br>This is a rotten time for you, and all of us but keep writing. This is a wonderful forum and it is great to be able to let off as much steam as you want when you want. Talk again soon.<br><br>Love Gracexxxx
Grace
Regular

Postby LORRAINE G » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for your kind and valuable words Grace,<br><br>Yes we are taking it easy, and do you know all of a sudden I am really looking to some time off at Christmas and the chance to catch up with friends and family. I am sure that I am not alone in saying that I do have some very special friends, sometimes we take them for granted don't we?<br><br>Much love<br>Lorraine G
LORRAINE G
Regular

Postby ogr1 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:53 pm

i dont have anything knew to say. i sure wish i did.just know that you dod have lots of friends... you have my e-mail so if there is anything that i can do just let me know.<br> it shouldnt cost so much to do ivf. i would really like to end my note with some encouraging words ,and i just cant find any.<br> just know that we are here..<br> love becky
we werent blessed with our babies to raise here but we our blessed with our grandaughter
and all of our many adopted and foster children that touch our lives
and i am glad to add that our 6th grandchild will be born this spring!!!!
ogr1
Board Veteran

Return to Life after IVF