IVF-Infertility.com home

the hurt ivf 2 wk

Discussion forum for those who had completed their IVF treatments without a successful outcome and are seeking other options such as adoption, surrogacy etc.

the hurt ivf 2 wk

Postby ogr1 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:50 pm

<br>i copied this from the gen side..i look at all the sides but i dont know if everyone else does. to i put it over here to..<br> i think each time we do the 2 week wait that it started off as our child and each tiume it is a huge loss. this poem has helped me and i hope it helps you.. i hope that it doesnt offend anyone.<br> love becky<br> <br>just those 2 weeks-<br><br>for those 2 weeks<br>i had you to myself<br>and that seems too short a time<br>to be changed so profoundly.<br><br>in those 2 weeks-<br>i came to know you...<br>and to love you.<br>you came to trust me with your life.<br>oh,what a life i had planned for you!<br><br>just those 2 weeks -<br>when i lost you.\<br>i lost a lifetime of hopes,<br>plans,dreams,and aspirations...<br>a slice of my future simply vanished overnight.<br><br>just those 2 weeks-<br>it wasnt enough to convince others<br>how special and important you were.<br>how odd, a truly unique person has recently died<br>and no one is mourning the passing.<br><br>just a mere 2 weeks-<br>and no "normal" person would cry all night<br>over a tiny , unfinished baby,<br>or get depressed and withdraw day after endless day.<br>no one would, so why am i?<br><br>you were those 2 weeks my little one<br>you darted in and out of my life to quickly.<br>but it seems that's all the time you needed<br>to make my life richer<br>and give ma a small glimpse of eternity<br><br>i feel that as soon as the egg and sperm are there that this is the start of a baby. i have had neg and have had mc both of them are hard. each is a loss of our babys.. <br> <br>
we werent blessed with our babies to raise here but we our blessed with our grandaughter
and all of our many adopted and foster children that touch our lives
and i am glad to add that our 6th grandchild will be born this spring!!!!
ogr1
Board Veteran

the hurt ivf 2 wk

Postby Lorraine » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:56 pm

Thank you Becky - It somehow puts the feelings I have inside into words - I am crying buckets now...<br>This is so huge.<br>Lorraine
Married to my darling husband for almost 8 years - ttc for same.
Me - severe PCOS & Hubby - low sperm/poor morphology/antibodies.
Usual investigations/drug Tx then 3 IVF cycles - all negative.
Have chosen not to have any further Tx.
Lorraine
Regular

the hurt ivf 2 wk

Postby ogr1 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:24 pm

i am so glad that you have found a group.<br> there arnt any around were i live.<br> so it has been all of you guys and faith..<br> that has seen me threw all of the hurt and pain and the guilt<br> but today (or for this moment)i am proud to be a women!!!!!!!!<br> love becky
we werent blessed with our babies to raise here but we our blessed with our grandaughter
and all of our many adopted and foster children that touch our lives
and i am glad to add that our 6th grandchild will be born this spring!!!!
ogr1
Board Veteran

Return to Life after IVF