IVF-Infertility.com home

BUMPIN' 08 - Fall Mommies

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.

Postby loopie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 pm

Corny- I went over to your site- and wow has she grown! so pretty and big-I love reading your story- wish I could get it together to start a blog- you are such an inspiration, and a wonderful writer.

Tuesday, Pulman was 5lbs 1 oz- doc said he should gain 1oz a day - today, he is 5lbs 6 1/2 oz at the docs this morning- and only a wee bit of jaundice left so no more bili blanket for him-exceeding expectations every day!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gecko- yeah- seems like today is the 1st day we've had with no visitors...yet. Most have been good- bringing things over- food, preemie sized stuff as Pulman is so small etc, but it really cuts into my nap time- I was starting to get sort of punchy. Dh is home all week and my mom is here, so we are lucky to have the time to start figuring out what to do. I hope your time alone is great and relaxing. I'm sure you'll start to get into a routine. I'm definitely nervous about going solo.

Suga& Corny yeah- I think I had the least eventful birth of any of us October mommas -and definitely wish the same for anyone thinking of doing this again!!!

Rio- how's that big fella doing?

Mbre- hope you're doing great - let us know !!! :D :D :D

much love- i posted just a couple pix- more to come

xxloopie
Me 41 Dh 41
1st IVF BFP!!! Jan 2008

loopie
Regular

Sponsor

Postby riogirl71 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:00 am

Happy Halloween Mommies!
I had more tests and showed nothing which is good but the pain was back last night, I just want to feel myself so I can enjoy my bean!!!

Loopie- Pulman is adorable and I love the pic of you and him with him trying to nurse on your nose. I am glad the delivery went well and that bfeeding is going well. Isn't it amazing how little you can get done? OUr pedi siad to always clean the stump of belly button with alcohol to have it fall faster, it took about 12 days for us, we did circumcision at the hospital so they both fell off at the same time which was nice. Those little ouchies made me nervous, it is grea tto have them all healed and give him a proper bath. Crazy about the crowining pain, I heard of it and was dreading it. OUch
Gecko - tell your visitors that they can do a load of laundry or start lactating if they want to visit :lol: I know people are full of good intentions but it does make your day more complicated at this point. Great job doing everything solo!
Suga- is the rice working ok? You are right about enjoying the moment and not hope for them to grow faster!
Corny great pic of Abby, she is such a sweetie! How are you feeling? All healed up?
Jomae so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope DS is feeling better, did Katie get it too? Is her ear infection better?
Katie - how are you doing?
MBRE - any news?

What are your sleeping arrangemets with bean? I have him on the bed with me on my side, I have a bassinet but it still hurts to lean over that far to pick him up to feed him at night. Any sleep time rituals or suggestions?

Our bean anaged to spit milk out of his nose twice now and pee on his head! My little boys are something else when it comes to being careful about the sprinkler system ;)
me 39 + DH 46 low mot - chemo
#3 IVF Lost one twin at 8 wks
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Postby sugabeanzs » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Well the rice seems to be working! Not totally 100% but MUCH better. In a week she has only thrown up once! She was doing it 2-4 times a day!! So I added it to Mackenzies as well (not as much) to thicken hers up and I do not hear it coming up in her throat as much either. So I think it is working. Brooke is on 1 tsp per ounce. It also helps them sleep at night better...5 hour stretch then 4 hour one!

Rio: CUTE picture!!! Get better soon!!!

Loopie: Cute baby! I honestly do not know when the cord fell off cause I was on heavy pain meds and it fell off in the NICU lol. So who knows! I think around 10 days though?? I do not remember seeing it for long. But it could have also been cause they were in the incubator?

Mbre?!?! How is it going???
Me: 24 PCOS Husband: 25 Nada!
First IVF Jan 2008 Twin girls!

sugabeanzs
Regular

Postby Mellie_1233 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Loopie - He's adorable! I just checked out your photos on the bucket. He looks so pensive and thoughtful in the one w/the polka dots behind him. I'm so happy for you that you had the kind of birth experience that you wanted and that the little guy is so healthy! :D

Corny - So she's coming up on 6 pounds! Wow! She's changed so much. She makes a darling black Halloween cat in her photo, btw. :)

Jomae - What a run of lousy luck! I hope you are all feeling better and that Katie escapes the cold!

Gecko - I don't know how you do it. That must be so hard to have DH away for 9 days. We haven't had a lot of visitors since we got home from the hospital. Our families are too far away. My mom did stay w/us for a little over 2 weeks which was really helpful. I totally can see your point, though. The few people who have come by have been really nice but nothing is convenient. The first guests came when I was pumping breastmilk and the second guest came just after I laid down for a nap. If I had the steady stream of company you've had I think I'd go bonkers.

Katie - Anything new with you?

Rio - I have a bassinet next to the bed. I know what you mean about it hurting to lean over and check on the little one. I finally figured out that if I put the bassinett at about chest level at a 90 degree angle to the bed I can just lift my head and check on her. (To describe better, her "feet" part of the bassinet is against my bed.)

You had a gall stone? Is that pregnancy or c-section related? I'm so sorry to hear about how much pain you were in. Must've been awful to send you to the ER like that. Let us know how you're doing.

Mbre
- Hope you and your little one are doing well! Update us when you can.

Did anyone else's pediatrician recommend that family members get the flu shot? Ours said that grandparents and other family who will be around the baby should get the shot to help reduce the odds that she will get it. Makes sense to me but DH's parents are balking at the idea. They think it's just "Americans" being overly protective (my in-laws are Swiss). DH is adamant that they do it, though. Just wondered if anyone else was give this advice.
ME: 36 DH: 36 - now both 39
DOR

Mellie_1233
Regular

Postby KatieG » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm

well I have been sick with a 102 fever and no energy. i think its a breast infection---i have a hard spot and they hurt. it sucks.... im debating whether or not to stop completly. how are yall doing with the b feeding?
ME 29 DH31
1st IVF Male Factor
DS Parker Born 10-15-08
FET Summer 2010 BFP Twins
KatieG
Regular

Postby geckogirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Katie - I am sorry you are sick! Is it from the breast infection or do you have the flu? I know what you mean about he breast feeding. I am fed up with it. I just pump and feed it to him in a bottle, yet my breasts still hurt constantly. I also don't produce much - about 10oz a day wihich is less than half of what he eats. We figured that some breast milk is better than none, so I am continuing to pump. I hate it though. I feel like I am somewhat of a failure since I can't just exclusively breast feed him. I am trying to do it for the first two months and then I want to be done with it.
ME 45 - DH 44 DS born 2008
FET - August 2009

geckogirl
Regular

Postby KatieG » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:35 am

Gecko--- I feel ya I hate it but I cant bring myself to stop. Im sure its a breast infection I wasnt sure until today I was to sick to know forsure but now I see that half my boob is red and hot and very sore. I called and got an antibiotic so hopefully I should feel better tomorrow. Today has been much better my fever and chills are pretty much gone. It was HORRIBLE and they say the best cure is to keep nursing and pumping---let me tell you that it hurts like he!!. For something natural it is the hardest thing EVER. I think I got the infection from going to long at night in between feedings. But the 4 1/2 hours of sleep is great but not sure if it will come back.

Ok enough griping how are the beans doing? Parker is such a good baby I am soo glad because it helps. I looked at photobucket and all the pictures are sooo cute. I hope everyone has a great week!!!
ME 29 DH31
1st IVF Male Factor
DS Parker Born 10-15-08
KatieG
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Ladies-

I am currently looking for a new home thread, since I am now a parent and it looks like this might be the one. I was originally on the dec/jan ivf thread on the ivf board, and then I was on the sept 08 thread on the pregnant board. My beautiful baby girl was born on 8/26 via c-section (due to breech position). Her name is Ella Michele and she was 6lbs 3.5oz. I don't get to post much anymore, but still enjoy visiting the boards and reading all of the stories. I recognize many of your names from the other boards.

Ella is such a good baby and I am very lucky. I have read a lot of stories and I don;t know how I would deal if she was really fussy. She is 10 wks old tomorrow and has been sleeping through the night (about 7-8 hrs) for a couple wks now. She is happy and smiley and doesn't cry very often. I was also very fortunate in the sense that dh just went back to work 2 wks ago. His job gave him 8 wks paid, so we did it together for the first 2 months.

I tried to log on to your photobucket. It wouldn't let me, maybe I was typing something wrong?? I did username: OCTMOMMIES2B password: EDDOCT. It told me invalid. I would love to look at pics and post some of my own. It will take me a little while to get to know everyone, but I am looking forward to hearing your stories and sharing advice and tips.

Well, after mommy and daddy vote tomorrow, Ella has to go for her first shots. Has anyone done that yet? Everyone keeps telling me how heartbreaking it is. For anyone who has done shots already. how were your babies afterwards and for the rest of the day?

ok, gotta run, but will be around again soon....enjoy your monday everyone!
Me- 28 DH- 33 Male Factor
1st IVF- 12/07- BFP! Ella Michele was born 8/26/8
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
1st FET- 09/09 - Chemical
3rd IVF - 04/11 - Embies didn't make it to ET
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby KatieG » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:32 pm

Wow michele that is great that your DH got to stay home for 8 weeks I bet that was great!!! I to am lucky to have a great calm baby at least so far. He is almost 3 weeks. I would love to get some sleep like that but im nursing and i wonder what the longest you can go between feedings as they get older. Welcome to the thread your a bit ahead so im sure we will have questions.
ME 29 DH31
1st IVF Male Factor
DS Parker Born 10-15-08
KatieG
Regular

Postby sugabeanzs » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Welcome Michele! Congrats on your baby! Mine have had their shots, and it was not fun. They scream their heads off. Tylenol before they go then every four hours. They slept a lot and did not want to eat too much the rest of the day but in 24 hours they were fine. Good luck!!!

sugabeanzs
Regular

Postby riogirl71 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:46 am

CT- Welcome! I added you to the initial list of babies! Congratulations on Ella! I am very excited for you, I followed you some cuase you were on the post ahead of me. I can't wait to sleep for 7 hours! How did you do that? Any tips are appreciated! I tried to photobucket and it worked, maybe give it another shot, we would love to see pics of Ella.
Tammy - love the pics, how are you?
Katie how are you feeling? I am sorry you have an infection, did you go see the doctor? It is very painful, mine is finally getting better but I am airing them out a bunch, putting lanisoh, and working really hard on the latch. I agree that it should be enjoyable and not so hard and painful. I want to stick to it. I bought a pump to help me. Warm showers and massage help.
Gecko I am so sorry that you are also having issues with bfeeding. it sure is hard. Don't feel like a failure, it is very hard and you can't control your body. You do your best and it is great you were able to give him some bmilk.
Mellie Our pedi never said anything about flu shots for family. How are you feeling from the c-sec? My belly still hurts :(
Loopie - how are you doing?

To add insult to injury, I have a bladder infection! My goodness! I just want to feel better soon to fully enjoy my bean before I have to go to work!!! I will call the OB tomorrow to see what he thinks. My bean is such a joy, so cute and I love him to pieces. Amazing how I can just stare at him for hours! Tomorrow is our 1 month check up.
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Postby loopie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi mommas

welcome Michele!

rio- how awful to have a bladder infection- I'd be going mad! is your cset incision healing ok?

katie -blech!! I actually thought I might have a breast infection, but ended up ,thankfully as the flu and probably a clogged milk duct-
It must be terribly painful to have the infection- are the meds working?
I was sick in bed all yesterday, Dh was supposed to return to work, but took the day off as i couldn't get up to do anything but nurse
Don't fret if you can't continue to bf - any is better than none, the worst for me is when he latches on - for about the 1st 10 seconds, I feel like he's ripping my nipple off- then it calms down, and is pretty comfortable.

any news from Mbre????

Pulman sleeps in the bassinet carriage we have- it's pretty cool. He's next to the bed, so i can get him for feedings easily, and when he's napping, I can just roll him out to the living space with no need to disturb him.
well, i'm going back to bed for a bit- i'm still tuckered out from the flu- luckily seems like it was the 24hr kind - need to rest up so I can go and vote!!!!!!!!!

cheers and best to all

loopie
Me 41 Dh 41
1st IVF BFP!!! Jan 2008

loopie
Regular

Postby riogirl71 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Loopie- hope you feel better soon! How awful to have the flu.

Bean had his one month check up, he gained 14oz in 8 days! He is now 9lb14oz and 23 1/2" so that puts him in 50% weight range and 90% height range.'

Gonna go try and try to nap!
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Postby sugabeanzs » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:39 am

Welp, I was officially diagnosed with PPD. So got on some meds so hopefully that will help and hopefully I do not have to be on them for long. (Hate being on meds). But I already feel better knowing I am getting help. As does Nick, he thought I was going crazy because I threatened to walk out on him for no reason and did not even want him to touch me!

Rio: Holy cow! Little thing growing fast! Mine are just now reaching 9 lbs. Time to move on up to size 1 diapers for us. The newborns are getting too tight!

Anywhoo, feeding babies and trying to get some sleep

sugabeanzs
Regular

Postby sugabeanzs » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Mbre had her baby! Back in Oct. 20something or other lol. She posted it on the other board. Congrats to her!!!

Mackenzie would not wake up and eat. I tried for an hour to get her to eat. Nothing. Then she spit up the 30 cc I shoved down her. So if this happens the next feeding on to calling the doctor. She is still sleeping mind you .

sugabeanzs
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Parents after treatment