IVF-Infertility.com home

There is Hope

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

There is Hope

Postby Sara30 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi

I haven't been on here for a while, so long I have forgotton my password and changed my internet so I couldn't have it sent to me hense the new user name!! I wanted to post my story here because I know anyone reading it on here will understand me fully and know where I am coming from which sometimes our friends with all the best will in the world cannot understand completely. I wanted to say there is hope after failure, I was devastated last year when our last IVF attempt failed and we found out that there was no hope of me conceiving using my own eggs. I took a year out to come to terms with myself and my infertility and took stock of my life to see what to do next. I have been waiting in the last 6 years for children to come along what do I do now?? During the last year my AMAZING SISTER offered me some of her eggs, with lots of soul searching and questions like, it won't be my biological child, its my husbands and my sisters baby not mine, what if I don't fall in love with it because its not my biological child amongst many other thoughts and worries we decided to go ahead with the egg donation. Everything seemed to fall in place once we had started and all those thoughts and feelings I had have all melted away, and I am so overwhelmed with having another chance at motherhood. I am very close to my sister but we are now even closer sharing this amazing journey together. She was able to give us 17 eggs of which 6 fertilised, 2 of which were graded at 10 and 3 graded between 7 and 9, so we had one perfect embryo transfered on the 5th of November and 4 frosties. I am currently in my 2 week wait but I feel so differently this time, I am much more relaxed about the whole thing and really feel what will be will be. Of course I want to be a mother but I know my life will not end if that is not so and I can carry on and come out of the other side, I did it last year and I can do it again. I love my life and am grateful for it and will continue to do so whether there is a child for us or not. I have been reading some of the other posts and am really happy to see some of the cycle buddies I was with have had children or are pregnant so if any of you read this congrats to Shantala, Kellym, Sonu and Dexter, I am sure there are others out there, I hope this gives hope to anyone who may need it and thanks to the people who set up these forums for people like us

Lee xx
Sara30
Regular

Sponsor

Postby sonu911 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:31 pm

My dear Lee

Oh my dear!!!I am so filled with emotions.

You have come a long way and my best wishes for you. God is watching us and HE is there to take care of us. With some reason, HE has put you on this path. God bless you, your beautiful, strong embabies and your wonderful sister.

To offer you some positive vibes and hope, my sister who is two years younger to me has fertility issues and a male factor problem. After 3rd IVF cycle it was determined that she has problem in the eggs. And she was advised to go with DE. You will understand how difficult this decision could have been for my sis. But her will to carry her own child in her womb and in her hands proved much stronger than any other feeling. She went ahead with DE and tested positive on 5th Nov with a strong beta of 222. Though we need prayers for her progesterone level to come up to the normal level.

I am praying to God that this is the time for you and I wish all the luck in the world to you. Image

Hugs and wishes...
Me,DH-35
3 ICSIs-BFN
FET-BFP/mc@7wks
4#ICSI-BFP
Anay came on 17th FEB, 2009
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/archie109/?action=view&current=DSC05346.jpg
sonu911
Regular

Postby Sara30 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Sonu

Thankyou for your reply and your prayers. I was so excited to see so many of the people I cycled with last year to have acheived pregnancies and have had babies. Congratulations on your pregnancy you must feel amazing :D. Yes I probably do know how difficult the decision was for your sister, but you are right the feeling of being able to carry your own baby and hold him or her in your arms takes over from all the questions you have with using donor eggs. I will think of your sister and send her positive thoughts praying for her progesterone levels to rise.

Take Care
Lee xx
Finally I am a mummy, we are about to adopt our beautiful little girl xxxxx
Sara30
Regular

Postby SilverAngel679 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 am

Hi Sara. My name is Liz and I just wanted to reply to your post to let you know that your story has really touched me. I can't tell you how much I rooting for you and your wonderful family. You are truely blessed to have such a wonderful, generous, selfless sister and really really hope this all works out for you. I'm going to be keeping an eye on you if that's ok because I truely believe that your story is inspirational. Please keep us updated as much as you can. Tons and tons of baby dust!!!!!!
Me: Liz, 29 (Healthy)DH: Tom, 28 (Male factor)
IVF#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP (m/c @ 14weeks)
IVF#3: BFP Twin Boys, born 3/23/09
SilverAngel679
Regular

Postby sonu911 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:05 am

Hey Lee

Just wanted to say hello...and wished to know how are you doing?? Did u go for your scan?

Hugs!!
Me,DH-35
3 ICSIs-BFN
FET-BFP/mc@7wks
4#ICSI-BFP
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/archie109/?action=view&current=DSC05346.jpg
sonu911
Regular

Postby Sara30 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi Liz and Sonu

Sonu - How is your sister doing? Have her progesterone levels risen? I won't have a scan until I have done a pregnancy test if its positive then I will go for one about 3 weeks after that.

Liz - Thankyou for your kind words, yes my sister is sefless, she has not had a good time of it either after the ER she had some OHSS symptoms and has been quite poorly which made me feel really worried for her but she is on the mend now so we are asking each other how we are feeling daily!! Her 5 yr old son my nephew is so excited that his mummys eggs are in my tummy and is being very gentle with my tummy when I see him instead of throwing himself on me in his usual way!!

I am having lots of symptoms like AF is going to come any minute with back ache and some pains, twinges and cramping in my stomache also have sore boobs. I know these are symptoms of the progesterone but for me that is further than we have got before as last time I had no symptoms at all so at least I know the drugs are working :D . Half way through my 2ww now its not too bad, except that each day feels like a week!!

So how are you both doing, have you been baby shopping and getting things ready? It must be so exciting looking at all the baby things that are around :)

Take Care of you and your babies,

Leexx
Sara30
Regular

Postby sonu911 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 am

Dear Lee

I hope my absentmindedness proves right!!! and you soon get your BFP.
Somehow I thought that you tested poistive. :)

My sis is doing great, her progesterone levels are ok now.

Hugs...
Me,DH-35
3 ICSIs-BFN
FET-BFP/mc@7wks
4#ICSI-BFP
sonu911
Regular

Postby Sara30 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi

Sonu your absentmindedness did prove right, if you are still watching this thread then today I did a hpt and got my BFP!! :D I do the clinics test on Wednesday. It still hasn't sunk in yet, after 6 long years of roller coaster emotions, I am finally going to be a mummy.

How is your sister doing is all going well? Thankyou Sonu and silverangel for all your positive thoughts.

Lee xx
Sara30
Regular

Postby Welshgirl38 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm

WoW!!

Congratulations :) am so pleased for you - what a wonderful sister you have, you are truley belssed. Sending much love to u and ur family

Becky Xxxx

1 IVF=BFN 2 IVF=BFN 3 IVF=BFP :) m/c @ 8 wks :( 4 IVF=BFN
We must now let go of the life we had planned, to live the life waiting for us..

Adoption course starts March 19th
Welshgirl38
Valued Contributor

Postby SilverAngel679 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm

OMG!!!! I'm so happy for you! I don't even have the words to express how happy I am for you, your husband and your new soon-to-be son or daughter. How is your sister doing by the way? Have you told her about the HPT?
SilverAngel679
Regular

Postby sonu911 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 am

YAY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

now just take care and start believing that IT IS REAL. :D

HUGS and God bless you and your sister!!!
Me,DH-35
3 ICSIs-BFN
FET-BFP/mc@7wks
4#ICSI-BFP
sonu911
Regular

Postby shantala » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 am

massive congratulations on your BFP mummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats amazing news!!!!

just a quick question - you said you have had to change your name on here....what was it before? (i tend to remember screen names rather than real names, sorry!)

xxx
2nd IVF/ICSI - baby girl Elliana born 21.4.08 weighing 7lb 6.5ounces; 7 frosties left...
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Postby Sara30 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi

Thankyou all for your congratulations! :D

SilverAngel, yes I have told my sister and she shed lots of tears, she wasnt very well after the ER with some OHSS symptoms but she is fine now.

Shantala my screen name was Lee before, I went back to my old thread, I cycled with Christin, Kelly77 Wishful, Dexter, Sonu to name but a few, it was a very large group! I thought you were on that one but you wasnt, I replied to a couple of posts you made back last year one being the postcode lottery regarding IVF treatment and had seen your name on other threads so it was nice to see you have had a beautiful baby, it was really nice to come back on here and see so many familier names who have had children or who are now pregnant.

I am going to enjoy every minute of my pregnancy including the morning sickness and sore boobs!! :lol: :lol:

Take Care all of you

Love Lee xx
Sara30
Regular

Postby SilverAngel679 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:58 am

HAHAHA, You think that. I said the same thing, I said that I'm going to love all the crappy stuff too after such a long wait for it. But I would like to ask you a favor and come back here and tell us how much you loved the episode of sitting in a restaurant with your husband and having to run to the bathroon in the middle of your spaghetti to vomit. Or how much you enjoyed it when your walking down the street and an old man that REEKS of urine passes you on the side walk and you spend the next 10 minutes clutching the parking meter trying to keep the gaging and spitting and puke down down so that you don't vomit in the gutter in the middle of the day in front of TONS of people while they watch you and your husband and sister in law laugh at you.
Both those things happened to me, by the way....lol :D
SilverAngel679
Regular

Postby Sara30 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Hello all

Sadly we lost our little one today, it was so fantasic to be pregnant again and I enjoyed every minute of it even though it was a very short time. Thankyou all for your good wishes and your messages of hope. We still have our hope with our frozen embryos. I feel we are coming to the end of our journey slowly but surely and I still hope to have a baby in my arms at the end of it.

We are going to take some time to grieve for our loss but I know she (I felt she was a girl) will be safe in heaven with her brother and sister and then we will be back again like so many of you to fight another day.

Take Care
Lee xx
Sara30
Regular

Next

Return to General Forum