IVF-Infertility.com home

Very new and very scared

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Very new and very scared

Postby Lillietta » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm

I've just had the results of initial tests and have been told I may be heading for early menopause (FSH 10.2). DH also told that there is reduced sperm density and lower than average normal forms. We've been ttc for 18months (but have been together since we were teens) and had a miscarriage this summer. We've also been told that if we want to conceive that we have to get on with IVF/ICSI straight away so have my first appointments booked at UCH and Lister next week. I am completely freaked out and am very scared because I don't what to expect.

It's already helped to look through the forums and read a bit about other people's experiences so I'd welcome any advice or just a hello.

Thanks
ME 31 - raised FSH
DH 31 - low density
Just starting out!
Lillietta

Sponsor

Postby tigersuz22 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi Lillietta,
I know exactly how you feel. We just completed the transfer on Sunday and are now in the two week wait. I can tell you - I was scared throughout the entire process, of nearly everything- but it wasn't difficult at all. And fortunately, I can say this while I'm still waiting for my news and stressed out!
The most important thing for me was to have a supportive husband. We tried to make the shots fun and just tried to get through each day and saw each dr's appointment as a good milestone. It goes by really quickly. It's just difficult because there are so many different stages (i.e. sub-q shots, retrieval, IM shots, transfer, etc) and you don't know what to expect- but it will be worth it. Positive or negative!
Good luck - all the best and my fingers are crossed for you! Don't hesitate to ask any questions! This forum has been a lifesaver for me.
Suzanne
tigersuz22

Postby shantala » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:05 pm

hi and welcome to the board!!!

firstly, please please try and not be scared!! you've found the right board to come to as all the ladies and gents on here are lovely! it's a daunting process at first but once you know the drill it's much less daunting!!

just to let you know that most of the ladies on here are from the US so they may use slightly different terms to us ladies in the UK. so dont be surprised if someone tells you one thing and it seems someone else tells you something different. the basics are the same. the americans just dont know how to say it all properly! :lol: :wink: (love you all ladies really..only joking!)

it's a great site you've found....everyone is so supportive and will be able to answer most, if not all, questions. not sure if you wanted me to go into any detail about anything - if you do, reply on this thread or pm me.

best of luck!!

xxx
2nd IVF/ICSI - baby girl Elliana born 21.4.08 weighing 7lb 6.5ounces; 7 frosties left...
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Postby shantala » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:05 pm

ps: suzanne - congrats on being PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise)!! when do you test?? xx
2nd IVF/ICSI - baby girl Elliana born 21.4.08 weighing 7lb 6.5ounces; 7 frosties left...
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Postby tigersuz22 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 am

Hi Shantala!
I test next Wednesday... I'm going crazy!!!!
-Suzanne
tigersuz22

Postby shantala » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:32 pm

oh suzanne - i'm sure you are!!!! even though wed isnt that far away, i know it seems like an eternity to you!!! hoping that it goes very fast and that you have a fantastic christmas present!!
let me know...
xx
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Postby antskat421 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 am

You've really found the right place. If you need any help with the cost you should check out www.makemeamom.net
antskat421

Return to Introductions