NY, i have not found a post with your second beta. I am assuming it was not good. I am so sorry.
Kat, i am calling you cougarkat in the list. I think it is fitting. I hope you don't mind. When do you start stims? You definitely have a better shot since have had natural pregnancies. Given your age, i would normally say that you should transfer at least 4. But your body is atypical in how it responds to all of this. Maybe you have better eggs than most AMA patients too.
Here are some suggestions. if you can get them to push the transfer and freezing until day 6 days post retrieval they should be able to select the 2 best quality blasts for ET. If you have several to pick from on day 6 then could see just transferring 2. The problem is that even though you have a ton of follies you may not retrieve nearly as many eggs, then many may not be mature, others will not fertilize, some will die before ever making it to blast and some of the blasts will be such poor quality by day 6 that they will not be transferable. You just have no idea how things will play out. If you end up with only 4 great to okay blasts then i think you should put them all back in. If you have 4 great looking day 6 blasts (which is very unlikely even in much younger women) then transfer 2 and freeze 2. I hope i am making sense.
Also, as far as hyperstimming goes, you need to have a game plan before you start stims. You can decrease the amount of stims you take, they can be aspirated some of the small follies after a few days of stims, you can use 1/2 dose of hcg trigger or use something other than hcg to trigger. All of these things will decrease the amount of corpus luteums you have and/or the amount of hormones they will release. That will decrease the odds of OHSS and lessen symptoms associated with OHSS post retrieval. So you need to discuss the options with your doctor now. Let me know what he says. I am not a real doctor. I just like to play one here.
I almost forgot to comment on the caffeine/alcohol. I think both are fine in moderation especially up until ER. Once you have retrieval you should cut back on both. Caffeine is more important with uterine blood flow and implantation etc. So i basically agree with Sisi. Unless of course you develop OHSS, in that case i would freeze all and let your body return to normal before transferring. Odds of success are lower if you do a fresh transfer and the symptoms will get much worse and last longer if you do get pregnant from the fresh transfer. Again, all of this is just my opinion from reading multiple ivf boards for a long time. So take it for what it is worth.
Sue, congrats on starting to stim. Now the fun begins. I can't wait to see if this cycle is different on the Chinese herbs. If it is markedly different i think i will start going to an herbalist.
Sisi, is your next ER early or late March. Mine is late March. I hope yours is earlier but if not at least we will be cycling together.
Renee, again when is your EDC? How did it go when you told your DH the news? Also, did you tell your doctor about the bleeding and remind him that you are RH negative? If not you need to do NOW. I really think to be on the safe side you should get a RhoGam shot.
Hil, how are your studies on ovulation prediction going? Did you join FF?
Tammy, how is the OV watch thing working out?
Natashamom, again congrats!! I saw your first beta somewhere but now i can't find it. I know it was high though. Could you post it here please?
Blake'swife, any news on when you will be start cycling?
Mitch1967 and Kris have you made any new plans?
Rinnie 43, bfp after ivf #3 switched to iui. EDC
Elida 41, DE ivf #1 11/08 pregnant with 3 little girls. EDC
Helen 39, ivf#3 11/08 pregnant with twins. EDC
Lynn 42, ivf #4 11/08, pregnant with sigleton. EDC Aug. 18,2009
Rhonda 40, natural BFP 12/08 after failed ivf in Nov. US #1 01/16 showed HB!!!! Congrats!!
Renee 40, natural BFP 01/09. while waiting to cycle in Feb-Mar. beta 13dpo 250, beta 16dpo 1160. But US number 1 on 1/29 only showed one bean. I am still shocked!!!
Natashamom 46, DE ivf #1, Beta number 1 was high. I think both blasts took.
NY4thtry 40, ivf #6, transfered 4 blasts 1/24. Negative. I am so sad for you. It is not fair at all.
SueQiwi 39, ivf #3 Feb, started stims 2/3. Doing micro dose flare protocol. Hoping third time is a charm for you!!
Me 42, ER 1/09 2 blasts frozen CGH pending. 1/22 resumed estrace/estrogen priming for ivf #2 in March.
Sisi1 41, started stims 1/17/09 but ivf #1 canceled due to lupron over suppression(I think). Cycling again in March.
Cougarkat 41, starts stims ? for ivf number 1. First attempt canceled due to hyperstimming while still on BCPs!!!
Blake'swife, cycling soon.
Mitch1967 40/41, ivf #1 BFN, waiting on WTF? meeting with RE for final decision but leaning toward ivf #2 in near future.
Kris 41, m/c twins 1/09, regrouping, GIANT HUGS!!
MOVING ON TO PLAN B BUT NOT GIVING UP!!!
Tammy 44, 12/08 IVF#3 BFN, going forward with adoption from China or possibly embryo adoption. But in the mean time ttc the old fashion way.
Hil, 12/08 ivf converted to iui BFN, trying naturally for the time being but may cycle again.
Let me know if i have something wrong or if i forgot something or somebody.
HUGS TO YOU ALL, Kelly