IVF-Infertility.com home

New to IVF and need some answers

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to IVF and need some answers

Postby kevgirl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:26 pm

A quick background: 10 years ago I was finally diagnosed with PCOS. 6 years ago DH and I decided to start our family. 1st pregnancy gonal-f with IUI. Delivered at 23w4d. DS lived 5 weeks. 2nd pregnancy gonal-f with IUI. Delivered twin girls at 21w6d.

Fastforward 5 years and 1 adoption later and we want to try again. I talked to 3 different high risk docs and found a new RE that I love! We decided that since we really need to focus on only have a singleton pregancy that IVF was our best bet. Cycle #1 ended when I had my baseline u/s and bw. I had a big cyst and my estradiol was 168. Cycle #2 I was on bcp for 28 days. I ovelaped 10u of Lupron for the last 7 days. I went for my baselines. No cysts but estradiol was 163. Did another week of Lupron, estradiol went to 150. RE upped my dose to 20u and I go back on Wednesday for bw. If my levels are not down close to 50 then we will stop this cycle too. The nurse told me that just because it happens one cycle doesn't mean that it will happen the next. Is that true? Has anyone else been through this? She said that if we have to cancel this cycle that they would keep me on bcp for 35 days and start me on 20u of Lupron. Is there anything else I can do? I am really frustrated.

Michele
kevgirl

Postby wishfull27 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Michele - you sure have had a tough time, sending you big hugs((())) - while I can't help you with any of your questions it may be worth posting under the IVF thread as more people read the posts there and its usually people having or just starting treatment

Good luck honey xx
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions