IVF-Infertility.com home

Anybody in US HR?

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Anybody in US HR?

Postby kerpupples » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

I have a question about changing jobs while pregnant.

I'm due end of May and have interviewed for a new job. They have extended a verbal offer but don't have anything written. I hid my pregnancy during the interview. I know I'm not eligible for FMLA not having been there a year, but it looks like their short term disability will cover my leave. I want to ask the potential employer how they'd handle my pregnancy but am concerned about doing so before I have a written offer and they cannot legally rescind.

Any thoughts or suggestsions?
Amy
Me: 39 DH: 41 Male Factor
3yo DD from FET
IVF PGD clinical trial, FET Jan 2012 Beta 1/14 447, Beta 1/16 1161 U/S 1/30 it's twins!
Graham and Audrey born 9/5/12. 37w4d, no NICU time!
kerpupples
Regular

Postby bdantonio » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm

i have worked in hr before but in delaware and in delaware it is soooo easy to ire someone. Even though they cant leagally let you go for being pg in Delaware its what they call a right to work state s unless you are union u have no security.. They can just walk up to you and say your fired with no reason. It sucks so you would need to know your state laws
bdantonio
Regular

Postby kerpupples » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Well if that happens and you're pg I'd think you've still got grounds for a discrim lawsuit, right? CO is not a right to work state, but I don't know what effect that has. I was thinking more about the hiring process, I hadn't even considered getting fired. I'm not going to accept the position unless I come to an agreement that they are OK with my maternity leave.

Thanks for your input!
Amy
Me: 39 DH: 41 Male Factor
3yo DD from FET
IVF PGD clinical trial, FET Jan 2012 Beta 1/14 447, Beta 1/16 1161 U/S 1/30 it's twins!
Graham and Audrey born 9/5/12. 37w4d, no NICU time!
kerpupples
Regular

Return to General Forum