IVF-Infertility.com home

High progesterone question...

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

High progesterone question...

Postby mb1981 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:37 pm

please help...i received the results of my 7dpo progesterone test today. My level was 23...apparently the normal range for a non-pregnant female is 5.16-18.56 and the range for a pregnant female is 4.73-50.74 in the 1st trimester.

I haven't taken a test today as I am only 10dpo and really don't have many pregnancy symptoms (bbs slightly sore, creamy CM but that is it)

Does anyone have any thoughts? Anyone had high progesterone and not been pg?

To add- I am not on Clomid or any fertility drugs.
mb1981

Postby ianmichael3 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello,

I am in about the same window as you are, but my level was 73. The RN from the RE's office said it is not an indication I could be or am preggers, but it is a beautiful number that in the event there was a baby trying to implant, then they have no cause to be alarmed that it might not take.....

Do you know when you think you might to an ept? My office said to do one this coming Sunday, the 22nd. I HATE the 2WW!!!!

This is our very 1st try at IUI, so I'm VERY skeptical it would have even worked.
Nicole, 35 DH, 40 (morphology)
DS 6 (natural conception after 10mos)
secondary IF, TTC 2nd child since 7/07
1st IUI 3/8: BFN, OOPS, wait, BFP 3/28!!
ianmichael3
Regular

Postby mb1981 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:15 pm

i did take a pregnancy test and it was negative :(

we are starting an IVF cycle in April/May. We also have male factor (low morphology) so doc gave us only about 10% chance for IUI so we decided to skip it.

Good luck with your cycle!!
mb1981

Postby ianmichael3 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm so sorry. We are experiencing secondary IF, I'm assuming you guys are trying for your first? Good luck!

We have the same problem with my DH having low morphology- he had 0% normal this time :(

Keep your chin up and keep me posted- I'd love to be able to encourage you!

Nicole
ianmichael3
Regular

Return to General Forum