IVF-Infertility.com home

Bourn Hall - Donor Sperm

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Bourn Hall - Donor Sperm

Postby nicolamark » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:31 am

Hi am going to be hopfully starting IVF in Boune Hall this year, would love to hear from any1, who uses Donor Sperm there, Have 1st appointment end April. Been out of the loop since 2007, not sure how the land lies re: Donor sperm, has there been any law changes? Is supply still low?
How much does it cost at Bourn hall?
TTC 9yrs...lots of IUIs all BFN
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
2nd IVF 4 eggs all failed to fertilise
3rd IVF down regging now, EC expected 1st wk of sept.
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Sponsor

Postby nicolamark » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Anyone using Donor sperm????
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Postby Miracle08 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi Nicola,

Well I dont think I will be of much help since I live in the states, but I wanted you to know, you arent alone. I will be using DS as well!!!
Miracle08
Regular

Postby nicolamark » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Thx for reply.....
It's nice to know in this cruel world, were not alone.
Does your DH know why he's got no sperm?
Did he have op to investigate?
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Postby Miracle08 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I know. That is why when I saw your post if anyone was using DS I made sure to post and let you know, I too have to go that route.

Well, we have had several tests done but no, we dont know what is the main reason why he has no sperm. His testosterone(SP??) is low but his FSH is normal. They said we could try TESE and if there is anything there that we can try ICSI/IVF but we do not have $15,000 just sitting around. It took us awhile to come to terms with DS. I told my husband we have three options, 1. Come to terms and accept that we will be a childless family 2. Do IUI with DS 3. Try and save up the money for IVF and hope that he has some sperm cells or something in there, and my eggs dont get worse.

We are going with option 2. We are going to counseling before we start Tmt to make sure he and I are both on the same page.
I am so scared he will come to resent me or our child.

How did your DH take DS?
Miracle08
Regular

Postby nicolamark » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:52 pm

we have known since 03 about no sperm, and back then DH was scared about losing a child to another man, who might come knocking wanting his kid back, but now we have investigated it... i doesnt work like that, and we know DH would be the daddy, just not the father...we see it as a daddy loves & cares for the child and a father just makes it!!!
so yes our baby if we ever get 1 will have daddy & father as 2 men, but honestly now dh is cool about it, and hasnt had issues. we had counselling too, but we had chatted it togther and found the cousellor annoying, but honestly if you and dh are close you'll over come it..
dh is still sad he had no sperm and worries constantly about me having affair to get preggers, but like i say if your relationship is strong you'll come through it ok.
Dh suffers panic attacks so going thro an operation wouldnt ever happen, we dont know why? but its been the same since 03, so its not a passing phase. Some men just arent born with it, so we tell ourselves this is the reason, although we dont actually know
Good luck babe. xxx
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Postby Miracle08 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for your kind words.

I think you are absolutely right. DH and I are very close we are best friends. I think that is so very important.

So...I see you have had many cycles. Sorry to see they havent worked out...YET!! May I ask, do you have any fertility issues?
Miracle08
Regular

Postby nicolamark » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:59 pm

No i have no fertility issues, its just male factor, but why iui never worked i dont know... this is why we tried ivf, and then i over stimmed and got far too many follicles, egg collection was cancelled.
So i do know i can produce... this is why nxt time i want to egg share with someone else. That way i am both side of the donor cycle, giving and recieving! xxx
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Postby Miracle08 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:04 pm

WOW!!! That is so awesome!!!! I would totally do that too!!! You are amazing, good for you.

Have you every went to a different clinic for an IUI?
Miracle08
Regular

Return to General Forum