IVF-Infertility.com home

Where to turn for information on egg donation? (needing one

Discussion group for those interested in egg donation, egg sharing and embryo donation.

Where to turn for information on egg donation? (needing one

Postby mistorrie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:18 am

Hi

Obviously this is heart breaking, knowing that as a women you don't have any eggs and that you now need to find a wonderful and kind person to donate one or two of theirs, giving me and others in the same position the gift of life.

I live in Cheshire in UK, On friday when I was told that I had no eggs left of my own, my consultant has informed us that we need to look for our own egg donor, as they are in such a shortage and not knowing which way to turn, how to do this or what is the next step, I was wondering if there is anyone in the UK especially who has done this and could tell me and my partner what to do and how to do it.

Ofcourse I would love to hear from anyone in the world, but different countries do it differently.
mistorrie

Sponsor

Postby poohgirl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:05 am

I know how sad you must be right now. I am in the US so I can't be as much help but check the general board under egg heads (or something very similar) a lot of women on that post were from the UK and they explored other option to get a egg donor such as spain, the ukraine and other places it was pricey but it might be worth the option.

Here in the US my RE offers a donor program so they had donors I could pick from, so the US is also a option but we would be expensive I know I am paying $22000 US money and you have to be there.

I hope this helps a little bit
Image[
me 36 Husband 40
8 IUI's all BFN's
1st IVF March 08 BFN
1st FET June 08 BFP!!! m/c October 08
2nd IVF Jan 09 cancelled
2nd FET March 09 BFN
Oct 09 BFP Beta 11dp5dt 1149.8!
poohgirl
Regular

Postby wishfull27 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:30 pm

Mistorrie - have sent you a personal message - also please come and join us on the General forum egg heads thread - its all ladies doing IVF with egg donors

Carolyn xx
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby sunshine7482 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Not sure about UK, but I heard Prague has a pretty good program and the waitlist is about 6 months.

I live in USA, and I did an internet search for IVF and Maryland, and I found 5 different clinics. And I asked a friend, who recommended a clinic in Virginia, not too far from me.

So I had 6 clinics. I called them all and asked a bunch of questions, and narrowed my choice to two clinics because:
- they have donor program (I don't need to search for donor by myself)
- they offer "shared risk" -- if after 4 or 6 fresh cycles (and as many frozen as available) I don't end up with a live child, I get money back
- they offer "split donor" -- donors can donate eggs multiple times anyway, so why not donate to multiple recepients at one time?

Both chosen clinics have strong programs with good results and good reputation, so I chose the cheaper one of the two :)

I will do 1:3 split donor (sharing donor with 2 other recepients), which costs $14,000 per cycle, if you "pay as you go". With "shared risk", I will pay $30,000 total (and take a big loan...), but I know that I will either end up with a baby or get my money back.

One cool thing about shared risk is that if I have any extra embies, freezing costs are included, and ICSI is also included (as they want to earn my money fast -- which is just fine with me :) )
sunshine7482

Postby wishfull27 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:15 am

yes Prague has good reputation - thats where I am having my treatment :lol:
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Where to turn for information on egg donation?

Postby woodyanita » Mon May 04, 2009 11:30 am

Egg donation is something which is becoming very common now a days. You can gather information on egg donation or on any questions relating to infertility at http://www.iwannagetpregnant.com
woodyanita

Postby natashamom » Tue May 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi,

you might want to try the frozen eggs,I don`t remember the site but you can type frozen eggs,its in the US but I hope they`ll ship it to you,good luck,

Natasha.
natashamom
Regular

Return to Egg and embryo donation