IVF-Infertility.com home

Ideas please?

Discussion forum for those who had completed their IVF treatments without a successful outcome and are seeking other options such as adoption, surrogacy etc.

Ideas please?

Postby Dagny » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:09 pm

Hello girls - Some of you may know me and some of you wont.

I lost my baby daughter Katelyn 3 weeks ago at 24 weeks pregnant and I am still reeling in shock and grief. Doing IVF is a rollercoaster ride and unfortunately mine crashed and has changed my life forever.

The reason for my post is this. I have written to Dr Marcus about having a new forum for us girls who have lost their babies either from miscarriage to Neonatal or Stillbirth. He is happy to add a new forum and has asked me to find out what we would like to name it. It has to be in the same format as the other forum names like 'Life after IVF' etc. I personally feel that a separate forum would be better than discussing it on the other forums and this one as it is such a delicate subject.

The support I got from lots of the girls on this site when Katelyn died was wonderful but I knew it upset a lot of people too and thats what made me think of starting this new forum. Our babies will never be forgotten and we can remember them on their own forum when their special dates come round each year.

I have put this idea past Tracey S and she agrees with me that having a separate board to keep our precious babies memories alive (Katelyn and Oliver) and a place to get help and support during these sad times is a very good idea. I think FF has got one but not sure.

Possible names are:

Babies - Loved and Lost
Trasured Memories
In memorium

Any new ideas will be much appreciated. I will let Marcus know as soon as we come up with a name. I have posted this on the 'PG after Treatment' board and 'General Forum' too.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing some suggestions soon.

Each day is a small step forward for me but it is so hard. To have had Katelyn taken from me like I did is so cruel but I will treasure the time I had her in my tummy and the 3 minutes she lived in my arms. I feel like I don't belong on any board at the moment which is weird.

Love to you all from Dagny xx
Me 38 DH 40
1st 2nd & 4th IVF/ICSI -ve
3rd +ve DD Katelyn born @ 24wks & sadly died
5th +ve m/c 9wks
6th +ve Twins Sadly DD Leah stillborn @20wks and DS Kieran born @22wks but sadly died too
7th +ve - DD Chloë Mae born @38wks our precious miracle
Dagny
Valued Contributor

Postby Grace » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:05 pm

Dear Dagny

I think your idea of having a separate forum for women who have lost their precious babies is a fantastic idea.

My own situation is of course entirely different but I do understand that feeling of not really fitting in on the boards. Being able to post on the "life after" section has helped me enormously. It is also just knowing that there are other people who understand so well what you are going through.

I admire your courage and strength enormously Dagny. I know these days must be so incredibly difficult. You are in my thoughts.
Love
Gracexx
Grace
Regular

Postby Alison » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:08 pm

Dagny - I too had read about the awful loss of your daughter, but not known quite what words to post, other than to say that you've been in my thoughts (which I know is wierd, when we don't know each other, but is nevertheless true).

I think having a separate forum is a great idea. Before the "life after" board I got very conscious that I wasn't in the same place as many of the people going through cycles, and that what I was saying might be depressing. But on "this side" I've found a place where I can post to other people who understand where I'm at, and can actually share experiences in an incredibly positive way.

I hope that your forum's set up, and that you find it as much of a source of support as I have found this group.

With much love

Alison xx
Alison
Regular

Postby Dagny » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:55 am

Dear Grace and Alison

Thank you for your replies and support. It is a tough thing what all of us girls go through and having support and understanding from people who can say from first hand experience that they know how you feel is wonderful.

I hope you all have a fun time when you go out next week. Have a drink for me!

Love Dagny xx
Me 38 DH 40
1st 2nd & 4th IVF/ICSI -ve
3rd +ve DD Katelyn born @ 24wks & sadly died
5th +ve m/c 9wks
6th +ve Twins Sadly DD Leah stillborn @20wks and DS Kieran born @22wks but sadly died too
7th +ve - DD Chloë Mae born @38wks our precious miracle
Dagny
Valued Contributor

Return to Life after IVF