IVF-Infertility.com home

What's going on with Jon and Kate Plus 8?

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

What's going on with Jon and Kate Plus 8?

Postby medicalman2 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:56 pm

This used to be one of my favorites, but with all the rumors of Jon having an affair and the show being completely staged, I don't know what to think any more! Any other fans of the show?
medicalman2

Postby CT_Michele » Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 am

I am a big fan, and I watched the season premiere the other night. The body language was crazy, they didn't want to be close to each other, or even talk or look at each other. My guess is that this will be the last season, due to the marital issues and the kids getting older and going to school, but who knows.

I do feel bad that their lives are scrutinized, but I also feel like they did kinda sign up for that in a way. But I still feel like those are all personal issues between them and not really anyone elses business. It just seemed like both of them the other night are only there for the kids right now, and I don't think that is good. I think things can end up worse when people force a relationship for kids...but man, can you imagine going through a divorce with 8 young kids...I feel bad for them.
Me- 28 DH- 33 Male Factor
1st IVF- 12/07- BFP! Ella Michele was born 8/26/8
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
1st FET- 09/09 - Chemical
3rd IVF - 04/11 - Embies didn't make it to ET
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby medicalman2 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm

I definitely agree with you--I feel bad for them, but having their lives scrutinized is definitely something they signed up for. I'm not sure if you saw what Kate's sister-in-law said about the show. It turned me off of watching the latest episode. In case you missed it:

“When the show first started, Kate made a wish list of things that she wanted, and that became the theme of each episode — the carpet, twins’ room, bunk beds, cow, hair plugs, teeth whitening, trips, etc. EVERYTHING that you see them do or buy is completely paid for out of the budget for the show or traded for free advertising … The episodes are also staged. Here’s how it works … there is a staff of people reading these blogs and they base the shows around what people are talking about.”
(Source: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/sister-u ... 55?page=43)

It's very sad to see the relationship that once seemed so healthy crumble apart right before our eyes. While I agree that perhaps it's not good for them to stick together just for the kids, can you imagine either one of them raising the kids on their own? That would be even more ridiculous.
medicalman2

Return to General Forum