IVF-Infertility.com home

March 2010 Mommies

Announcement of pregnancy and birth following assisted reproductive treatment.

Postby baylorbear33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:00 am

abogenpohl - hey there, at this early of an u/s, I believe all they will see is the gestational sac(s). If you are carrying multiples, they should be able to see more than one sac; however, that may very well change by your next u/s. The reason I say that is with my first pregnancy, I had an u/s at 6.5 weeks the first time, and they detected two strong heartbeats. They also suspected a third but could not confirm. At my 8 week appointment, they confirmed that their were indeed three babies (one embryo split twice and gave us identical triplets), but that one of the babies no longer had fetal activity. We lost the 3rd baby at approximately 7 weeks. Just be prepared for things to change from one u/s to another in early pregnancy. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.
Age 39, DH 37
1st IVF 5/08-Lost Twin Girls @ 19 wks
FET 4/09-M/C @ 5 1/2 weeks
FET 6/09-BFP
Owen Robert born 3/3/2010, 10 lbs 4 oz
baylorbear33
Regular

Sponsor

thank yoy baylorbear 33

Postby abogenpohl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:16 pm

baylorbear33 wrote:abogenpohl - hey there, at this early of an u/s, I believe all they will see is the gestational sac(s). If you are carrying multiples, they should be able to see more than one sac; however, that may very well change by your next u/s. The reason I say that is with my first pregnancy, I had an u/s at 6.5 weeks the first time, and they detected two strong heartbeats. They also suspected a third but could not confirm. At my 8 week appointment, they confirmed that their were indeed three babies (one embryo split twice and gave us identical triplets), but that one of the babies no longer had fetal activity. We lost the 3rd baby at approximately 7 weeks. Just be prepared for things to change from one u/s to another in early pregnancy. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

thank u baylorbear33 im gttin ready to go for u/svnow so very nervous but u answered a kot if my questions. best wishes may god bless keep in touch! abogenpohl
abogenpohl

Postby wishfull27 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:14 pm

afternoon ladies - think I am going to crash the thread - joined feb one but as am due on 26th am way behind all the others and cycled with lots of you anyway - hope you don't mind !!

congrtulations to us all anyway on getting to 'theother side of the forums' - i never thought I would get there !!

ha it sunk into everyone yet that they are pregnant?? - I still have to pinch myself - if it wasn't for cramps, sore boobies and wanting to pee all the time I would not know - oh and forgot the nause - thankfully no sickness yet and this horrible metallic taste in my mouth - all normal am told !!!!

I can't believe you all get you ultrasounds so soon

good luck agogenpohl for today! - i have another week till mine and will be 7 weeks 3 days then !!

baylor - saw your other post about cramps - i still got them too - i know what you mean about reasuring but also scary - my accupuncture lady told me to stay off salad - eat mainly hot food and avoid pinepple at all costs - might help !!!

Belle - how you feeling - shock subsided yet after all this time ??

Beafox - how did 2nd beta go yesterday ??

looking forward to getting to know you all better - my history is - 2 attempts with own eggs - DH low count - both BFN's - went to DE as both times only produced 3 and 5 eggs, first cycle DE in Prague in April - BFN - fet this time and BFP!!! - I am 40 and live in the UK !!!

carolyn xxx
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby wishfull27 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm

just wondering as well - where everyone got there iea for usernames from - just intrigued !!!
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby Monkey Girl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking a bit since I started the IVF process (my first IVF), mainly in the June/July cycling posts, and I finally decided to join you on this one.

After 6 years of TTC, including ICI, IUI (with Clomid), we got a BCP on June 23rd on 10dp4dt. Everything seems to be going smoothly so far. I have some of the typical symptoms, plus nausea in the evenings - I rarely get it any other time.

Our first u/s is July 13th, and we are excited to hopefully see one or more healthy ones and the heartbeat(s) by that time (6w6d).

I look forward to hearing more about all of your progress over the next weeks and months!!

MG
Monkey Girl

Postby wishfull27 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi MG - congratulations on your BFP :lol: :lol:

Where in the world do you live ??

Your scan is same day as mine - god the time is dragging - how many did yiu transfer ?
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby baylorbear33 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 pm

wishfull27 & Monkey Girl - welcome to our thread... I'm so glad to have the support.

abogenpohl - congrats on your twins. I'm sending lots of prayers your way that you will have a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

As for me, I'm just patiently waiting until Friday, 7/10/09, to repeat my bloodwork. I am of course hoping that my beta goes up like it is supposed to, and that my progesterone and E2 levels are good. So basically, I think about it non-stop and am constantly worrying that something is going to go wrong. Still trying to balance that positive thinking with reality.
Age 39, DH 37
FET 6/09-BFP
baylorbear33
Regular

first u/ and we`re having twins!!

Postby abogenpohl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 pm

wishfull27 wrote:Hi MG - congratulations on your BFP :lol: :lol:

Where in the world do you live ??

Your scan is same day as mine - god the time is dragging - how many did yiu transfer ?

hello ladies just a lovely hello to update u on our first u/s 2day. well we found out we are 5 wks and 4 days pregnant with twins1 omg! god has truely blessed us! how is everyone elsse doing! thanks abogenpohl
abogenpohl

Postby Monkey Girl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Hello All - nice to see this post starting to move along a bit faster now...

abogenpohl - exciting news! Congratulations on seeing two in there! I hope they both settle in for the long haul for you.

Wishfull - I noticed your u/s ticker is also set for the 13th - good luck with that, you may see more than some of us, since you are bit further along. Looking forward to your posts after that day! AFM - We actually transferred 3 embryos at 4 days with assisted hatching, so not sure if they all would've continued to look good, but all 3 were high quality for their stage. We froze another 4 as 6-day blasts. BTW, I live in western Canada - did the time of day of the post give it away?!! :wink:

MG
Monkey Girl

baylorbear beta testing

Postby Monkey Girl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:14 pm

baylorbear, sorry to hear you are so nervous about this Friday, so..... here's a big "GOOD LUCK" from me. I know it can be harder to wait for beta confirmation than the 2WW.

You obviously have had some tough experiences in the past - are you concerned about having multiples again and that is your concern, or are you just hoping for and happy with health doubling?

Not that this necessarily tells you much, but your betas were very similar to mine. I was 14dpo: 116 18dpo: 861 (which puts me just a tad higher than you around the 16dpo mark). My last one at 20dop was 1660 and they stopped testing at that point, as they felt very comfortable with anything over 1000 and aren't checking any more b/w.

Looking at your numbers, they look strong - I hope it just continues on for you!!!! Thinking of you over the next two days....

MG
Monkey Girl

Postby abogenpohl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 am

With news of TWINS I had to update my ticker!! Hope it works the first time. :D
abogenpohl

Postby wishfull27 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:15 pm

congrsatulations Abogenpohl on twins :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for my first ultra sound on monday .. the wait is worse than 2WW :roll: :roll:

how's evveryone else ???
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby baylorbear33 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Hello all, just checking in with everyone.

Monkey Girl - my fears are probably too many to list. My biggest fear is that my betas are not rising like they should signaling a problem, but my other fear is that they are rising too much signaling multiples. We just had such a heart-breaking experience with our first pregnancy, that multiples scare me a bit. We were actaully pregnant with triplets, lost 1 at 7 weeks, but the baby kept growing. Since they were identical triples, and sharing a placenta, I was diagnosed with triplet-to-triplet-to-triplet transfusion syndrome, which is what they believe contributed to the loss of the pregnancy. I think I just have it in my mind that if we could just be pregnant with one baby, I might have a shot at keeping the pregnancy full-term.

As for everything else, I'm still just waiting for my beta tomorrow. I had some weird pain this morning on my left side (ovary) and of course I immediately worried that I have an ectopic pregnancy. I am now having mild pain and cramping on the right side, so hopefully it's something normal going on. I absolutely over-analyze every little thing that happens. I swear I have worn out the internet search engine looking for answers to questions.

I hope everyone is well, and I will update you soon with what will hopefully be a really good beta for tomorrow.
Age 39, DH 37
FET 6/09-BFP
baylorbear33
Regular

Postby Monkey Girl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Baylorbear, my heart goes out to you for your experience with your triplets. You are the first I have ever heard mention trip/trip/trip transfusion. I understand why you are so worried about everything. I wish you simply a good, healthy beta number tomorrow.

AFM, I was suddenly nauseous last night and all day today for the first time - truly nauseous, as opposed to the daily queasiness I have been feeling. Also some extra painful cramps here and there - and exhaustion. It will be nice (like Wishfull) to get the first u/s done and really see something in there, although I feel pretty good about it at this point. PMA, right?!!

How's everyone else coping?
Monkey Girl

Postby belle-02 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Welcome wishfull, it’s good to see you on this side of the boards. You asked about usernames, I got mine from my dog LOL we have 2 Yorkshire Terriers, Stitch and Belle.

Welcome Monkey Girl.

Good luck with your bw tomorrow baylorbear33. Your other beta numbers look really solid so I’m sure they’ll be fine, but I understand why you’re so nervous. I’m jealous you get to go in for a third beta, I only got two.

Congratulations on twins abgoenpohl! How exciting!

AFM-I’m so jealous of those of you that have gotten to go in for ultrasounds already or soon. I don’t get to go in until July 27! Oh well, at least we’ll get to hopefully see a lot! I just continue to have a lot of bloating, but a very good appetite. Today is the first day where I feel nauseous and like I might throw up, but so far so good.
Me=31 DH=37
Male Factor
IVF #1-3 BFN
IVF#4 June 2009=BFP!!!!
Beta #1=134.5
Beta #2=233.8

belle-02

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant after treatment