IVF-Infertility.com home

March 2010 Mommies

Announcement of pregnancy and birth following assisted reproductive treatment.

Postby sabi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi Ladies,
I'm crashing your thread! I did the pregnancy calender and if it's correct, I'm due March 4th. Can I join w/out an official date from the doc? I recognize a lot of you girls- I don't go for my first ultra sound until next Friday. Can't wait! I'm the gal with the crazy beta #'s. Made me a little nervous at first but hey, what are you going to do. I'm darn lucky to get a BFP on my first try w/IVF so who's complaining. I need to change my ticker- I'll be working on that tonight. Is anyone suffering from nausea? uggh!

Sabixxoo
Me: 44, DH:42
First IVF cycle BFP!
Twins! Due March 8, 2010
sabi
Regular

Sponsor

Postby Monkey Girl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Welcome Sabi!! I was wondering when you might join this thread - I was very happy to see your BFP and betas last week - congrats! I am due just two days before you, March 2 (unofficially).

MG
Monkey Girl

Postby Monkey Girl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Welcome Sabi!! I was wondering when you might join this thread - I was very happy to see your BFP and betas last week - congrats! I am due just two days before you, March 2 (unofficially).

MG
Monkey Girl

Postby baylorbear33 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Ladies, I just got the results of my beta, and it went up to 8,220. I'm super excited that my numbers are strong, but a little frightened this might indicate multiples. I'm 18dp5dt or 23dpo. When I was pregnant with triplets the first time, my beta's didn't even rise like this, so needless to say, my anxiety is most likely going to hit a new level.

Hope you are all doing well.
Age 39, DH 37
1st IVF 5/08-Lost Twin Girls @ 19 wks
FET 4/09-M/C @ 5 1/2 weeks
FET 6/09-BFP
Owen Robert born 3/3/2010, 10 lbs 4 oz
baylorbear33
Regular

Postby ck121 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to these boards so I don't know a lot of the abbreviations but I got my BFP result on July 8th and went for blood work today but won't find out the results until Monday! Unofficially my due date is 3/17/2010.

I was just wondering what you guys know about the beta #'s? Does a certain range specify multiples? Or do you just don't know until the U/S? I put 2 embyros in and am just curious if there's a way to tell if both took based on the beta #'s.

And do any of you "feel" pregnant? I'm only 4 weeks along and it doesn't feel like I'm pregnant. Not sure if I should be feeling anything?

-CK
ck121

Postby sabi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Welcome ck!
As far as beta #'s I researched it a little bit & if you go on other IVF websites ladies post their betas. The #'s are all over the board 250 for 1st beta later to find out twins & then just the opposite -high betas w/a singleton. My sister-in-law is physicians asst & she researched high betas & found that one study of 101 women who had high betas to start with 100% of the time had multiples. So, who knows. My clinic says they are not predicting anything or making any guesses & I just have to wait till my ultrasound next Friday. Check out betabase.com I think that's the website. I'll check it when I'm finished & if it's incorrect I'll send over the right address.
As far as symptoms I feel totally nausea almost 24/7 started last weekend. Today I almost threw up. My breasts are very sore & getting larger. Some woman have symptoms & some don't so don't read into it. How exciting you are having (maybe) a St. Patrick's Day baby!!

Hi fellow March mommies!! Carolyn- big appt Monday! Will be thinking about you! Have a great week-end!

Sabi
First IVF cycle BFP!
Twins! Due March 8, 2010
sabi
Regular

Postby sabi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:37 pm

ck,
My mistake on website. Correct one: www.betabase.info/
gives you #'s for singleton, twins & trips. Don't get worked up too much. who knows where they are getting their data from.

Sabi
First IVF cycle BFP!
Twins! Due March 8, 2010
sabi
Regular

Postby Monkey Girl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:06 pm

Welcome CK!

I echo all of Sabi's comments - we all love to research beta numbers ad nauseum (no pun intended...), but in reality, they are all over the board. If you have decent numbers to start (generally, 100 or higher at around 14 days post ovulation), that is a good sign, and if they increase by at least 60% or so every two days, you are doing well.

Some people say that, in addition to higher numbers showing a trend towards multiples, that if you triple or your two-day increase is way higher than predicted, that it may also indicate multiples. If you feel like doing some calculating, another website I recommend is:

http://babymed.com/Tools/pregnancy/hcg/

As far as nausea, I had minimal signs aside from some generalized queasiness, from around 4 weeks forward. My breasts were more sore and bigger, and I became quite constipated at 5 weeks (sorry TMI!) but that is also a consequence of the progesterone most of us are on for IVF. Some people get no symptoms at all. I gather that most people who will get morning sickness, they start to get it full force by 7 or 8 weeks. I just started yesterday, at just past 6 weeks!

Hope that helps....

Baylorbear - so happy for your beta numbers - yes, high, but they are a positive sign of a healthy pregancy - think positive!!

Cheers,
MG
Monkey Girl

Postby ck121 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:41 am

Thank you for the information Sabi & Monkey Girl!!

I'm so bad, I didn't even ask the RE what my beta was the day of the pregnancy test b/c I was so excited about the BFP! I just had the first blood work done today so Monday I'll find out. :)

I'm only 4wks along but I've already told many family members that I'm pregnant....my mom said I should have waited until 12 weeks...which I understand but when people know you are doing IVF, it's kind of hard to not tell...do you guys agree?

-CK
ck121

Postby sabi » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:18 am

ck,
You tell when you want. Whatever is comfortable for you. After 12 weeks they say you're out of the woods but are we really??? Enjoy your pregnancy & don't worry about the "nickel & dime" stuff. Oh, I forgot to add another symptom- gas!! & now constipation. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade them for the world. The nausea sucks big time though- I'm sure the vomiting is just around the corner- good thing it only lasts 3 mos- hehe!!
Don't worry about the beta# you got the BFP!!

Sabi
First IVF cycle BFP!
Twins! Due March 8, 2010
sabi
Regular

hello ladies

Postby abogenpohl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:12 pm

well for me at first really didnt feel so pregnant but now that we are 6 wks things are starting to change. I was told that because we have twins that the sickness feeling maybe more intensified. just waiting for all that to happen. congrats to all with bfp. may god bless us all! my beta was 121 the first day and almost double the firs 24 hrs to 213. our first ultrasound was the 7th and yes we were sooo shocked!! abogenpohl
abogenpohl

Postby wishfull27 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:30 am

OMG the day has finally arrrived - just getting ready to go for my scan -from BFP to today has been like 2 million 2ww :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hope everyone is doing good - will be back later with news !!
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby wishfull27 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 am

been for my scan - one healthy heartbeat :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby EYCI » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi Ladies -
Might I crash your thread? I'm due Feb 21st... but so many ladies from the June/July thread will be joining here and I just wanted to keep up with you all. A little about me. We have a DS from IVF who will be 3 soon. We had one failed FET in March this year and now a successful FET in June. Thank God, as we used the last of our frozen embies. I am cautiously optimistic to be over on "this side" of the boards.

Carolyn - Woohoo on the US today! So glad that it went well! It is such a relief isn't it?

abogenpohl - Congrats on twins. That is very exciting.

Belle-02 - so glad to see you "over here." How many weeks will you be on the 27th for your US? I had to wait until 7 weeks for my first. Doc doesn't like to take a chance with their not being a HB so he likes everyone to wait.

Sabi - Can't wait to hear how many you have in there. Based on your betas, it would seem that there is about a dozen!

ck121- I think you should tell people about your pregnancy when YOU feel ready. Why not celebrate right now? Whether you tell people or not, it is not going to change the outcome of the pregnancy. I guess your mom just wants to protect you "just in case" but if you are ready to tell, go for it!

MonkeyGirl - How is the nausea? I've had a bit each day, starting around 6.5 weeks. Some days worse that others. It seems to get worse as the day goes on. I find that ginger ale or chicken broth work the best for me.

BaylorBear - I can totally understand your anxiety. When is your scan? Try not to do too much worrying... we will do it for you so that you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

AFM - We told our parents this weekend, after having 2 great scans earlier last week (one with RE, one with OB). That is all we are telling right now. I'll be waiting until my next OB appt at 12 weeks to tell everyone else. I'm just starting to get a tiny belly. The 5 pound tire that got added around my waist with my last 2 treatments was hiding it, but it is finally starting to look like "something" and not just a big pooch. No weight gain yet... woohoo to that as like I said my last 2 FETs have added enough.

Hope you are all well!

--Julie
Me 36, DH 34 - Creating our family since 2002
EYCI
Regular

Postby Monkey Girl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Wishfull - Congrats on seeing a strong heartbeat!

I also had my first scan today and we saw a nice, strong heartbeat. 117 and 9mm CRL, measuring 7 weeks, at just before 7 weeks. I am very happy to have this confirmation - seeing it does help you believe!

Julie and Sabi - I vomited for the first time this morning. I haven't had much to worry about, no food aversions, just really hungry and eating like a horse, but only small amounts at a time, so this was unusual. Ironically, it happened right before I left for my ultrasound, so I think the extra over-hydration I had to do put me over the nausea-edge! Feeling nauseous the rest of the day but food is staying down now. With just one in there (with hindsight) I didn't expect much m/s before 7 weeks - Sabi, with your high HCG levels, I don't wonder that you are feeling the nausea! - I hope it doesn't get much worse for you over the next weeks, though.

Julie - that is cool that you are already seeing the signs of a little bump at your stage!!! I think it will take me a long time to show at all, as I have not gained any weight (but am still slightly bloated from the stims).

CK - absolutely, tell whomever you are comfortable telling whenever. There are pros and cons both ways and you can't control what happens, so if that support helps you, you should have it early on! People will love to get excited for you, I'm sure!

AFM - I think it is interesting that, although I had three 4-days transferred, and absolutely no bleeding since then, that I have one embryo beating away in there. I know some people say the unsuccessful ones may clot, come out in blood, or be reabsorbed by our body. I guess both of mine must have been completely absorbed (or too small to see?), since we saw nothing of them on the u/s to show they were in the uterus. This whole process is fascinating to me.... and especially how it is so very different for every single one of us going through it. Anyone else have feedback on this?

MG

Good luck and wishes for great embryo/foetus growth for all of you!!
Monkey Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant after treatment