IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello

Postby Yevgenii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Hello all,

My wife and I found out that we will likely need IVF and donor eggs in order to have children. We found out a few months before we got married and have had some time to deal with the news. Now we're trying to figure out where to go for help. Do we go to a clinic that does donor egg matching as well as IVF or is it better to go to a donor egg matching service and separate IVF clinic? Which ones are the best from a matching standpoint? Medical standpoint? Financial standpoint? We're near Washington DC and might look as far away as New York.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc. would be appreciated. We need to get started. We're just not sure where.
Yevgenii

Postby gi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi yevgenii,

I am from Ire so our clinics are prob different but here most ivf clinics do donor egg. You should prob. research the best clinic around you and book your consultation starting ivf does take time so the sooner you get on the waiting list the better from consultation to actually getting the transfer could take up to 6 mths. I have heard in US donor is expensive but will be worth it in the end, i plan to do donor if my FET doesnt work this cycle. I wish you and your wife the very best of luck, there is another active thread with people going thro. donor and they could prob. help you over there.

gi xx
7th IVF finally our precious miracle girl Kayla born 24/11/10, 8th IVF FET Sept 2012 BFP!!!
Its TRIPLETS!!!!
gi
Regular

Postby Yevgenii » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 pm

gi:

Thank you for your reply. I realize that it's a long process and it can be brutally expensive. Frankly, we've talked about going to Canada or elsewhere for help for just that reason but that seems even more daunting. In the end, we want children and, given our ages, our window won't be open forever (especially if we want 2 or 3). Thanks for the heads-up about the other thread. I will be sure to check it out.

-Y
Yevgenii

Postby gi » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Dont know if this is much help or pratical (though where there is a will theres a way) but European clinics are much cheaper, only 2 visits required and costs about €10,000 - €12,000 for donor. I have read of a few people who have travelled over for financial reasons and get a nice hol while they are at it. Best of luck xxxx
7th IVF finally our precious miracle girl Kayla born 24/11/10, 8th IVF FET Sept 2012 BFP!!!
Its TRIPLETS!!!!
gi
Regular

Return to Introductions