IVF-Infertility.com home

First time IVF..

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

First time IVF..

Postby babyga » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:20 am

Hi,

This is my first time doing IVF and I am scared out of my mind. None of my friends know I'm going through any of this and I'm having a hard time dealing with all the uncertainty alone.. so, I thought I'd join this community and hopefully meet other people going through the same thing.
Here's a little background on me, I don't know the abbreviations for all this stuff yet.
I am 3 days post transfer. I had 31 follicles, which turned out 17 eggs, and then six blastocyst stage embryos. They put two in and froze the other four.
I had tried clomid for several months before this and IUI, but nothing worked. Me and my husband have been trying for nine years (married for almost ten), but we've had no successful pregnancies, and one miscarriage the first year.

Hopefully, IVF will help us. It's really starting to get to me seeing all my friends with their kids, and constantly asking me "when are gonna have some"..
babyga

Hi

Postby Amyn822 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi there! I can totally relate to your feelings regarding IVF. My husband and I are getting ready to start IVF and I am really scared myself. I would really encourage you to talk to one or some of your friends regarding what you are going through and know you don't have to go through this alone. It can cause alot of stress and be an emotional roller coaster. You will be suprised how much support people can give by just simply being there for you. I have a really close friend(those are sometimes rare the older I get) who is single and not even close to thinking about children , she came over the day we found out that IVF was our only option and just hung out with me, just to be with me. I can't begin to tell you how much that meant to me just knowing she was there, even though she cant feel what I am going through just knowing I have her support means the world to me. Now on the other hand I have a friend that was not very sensitive at all. So you will know those close friend or friends that you can share with. It just really helps to not feel alone in the situation. Good luck with everything and I wish you and your hubby the best!!
Amyn822

Postby babyga » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:22 am

thanks for the advice! i really am having a hard time telling because of past history with some family (it's a loooong story).. and i'm afraid to tell my friends, cause i don't want my family to find out.. so, i'm kinda stuck.. i even thought today about telling somebody that i dont know that well cause i just feel like i have to talk to someone! but enough about me!
when are you starting IVF? this is my first time going through it and it was not as bad in some ways as i thought it would be.. but when i hear it's negative thats gonna be the hard part! i find out this thursday..
ME:29 (PCOS)
DH:33 (Normal)
TTC: 9yrs.
1st IVF: Aug/Sept 2009
babyga

Postby Amyn822 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Sorry it took me so long to reply!! It has been a crazy week!! I wish you guys the best..you can always talk to me if you need to ..it is hard to go through..I have told a few close friends but my hubby was kinda upset..cause then one of our close friends said to him"why didn't you tell me??"" I am the type of person that has learned the hard way not to bury things but to talk about them and that is one of my coping devices now...Let me know what you find out.. I will be thinking happy fertile thoughts for you!! We r getting ready to start the whole process..I am just waiting for a period...But I too have PCOS(and endo, my hubby low sperm) and waiting is killing me..I want to just get going..if I don't get one my cycle day 35, I will take provera again and stimulate one..then BC pills then repronex..What did u take for ovulation induction? Keep me posted would be here if need someone to chat to that is going through it as well..Amy
Amyn822

Return to Introductions