IVF-Infertility.com home

New Here

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New Here

Postby justwannabamom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:28 am

Hi,
I am 29 years old and live in Ohio. I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hello and to tell my story. I have never been pregnant. I have been with my husband since high school and we have been ttc for about 3 years. After a year, we saw the obgyn and found out my husband had a very low sperm count. He later had a vericocele repair which somehow resulted in even lower sperm counts. We then saw the RE who said that IVF with ICSI was our only option. My husband didn't want to go through with it at all. He feels that we are just not meant to have kids. I was devasted and after much begging and pleading he agreed to try it once. I have no insurance coverage so I worked 70 hours a week for what seemed like forever untill I saved up the money. We completed a cycle of IVF in June of this year. 14 eggs were retrieved. 10 were ICSI'd. Only 4 fertilized. 1 fertilized abnormally and left us with only 3 embryos. They were all fairly poor quality embryos so they put all three in and none of them took. So there I was again begging my husband to try again. Reluctantly he has agreed and we are not waiting. We are scheduled to start the drugs November 25th. Already on bc. My procedure week will be December 7th. Is anyone else close to these dates? We have decided not to drag our family and friends through this emotional rollercoaster with us so I decided to join here to be among those who understand. Hello and good luck to everyone here.
justwannabamom

Postby hjm33 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Edited.
hjm33

Very Close

Postby bethanyneedsluck » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:59 pm

I am vary close I start injections on the 15th of this mon IVF with ICSI is my only option as well, on BPC right now but just for a few more days!
bethanyneedsluck

Postby Pony » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 pm

I start the injections on Saturday - retrieval looks like it will happen week of November 22nd.
Pony

CYcle

Postby bethanyneedsluck » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:19 pm

My retrevial is the same week the 25th how exciting, we could be buddies!
bethanyneedsluck

Return to Introductions