IVF-Infertility.com home

Just had 1st IVF - in the 2 week wait!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Just had 1st IVF - in the 2 week wait!

Postby BRMommy2B » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:01 am

Hi everyone. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years, and about a year ago talked to my OBGYN, who ran us through some tests. Only thing we found that was wrong was a low sperm count. Tried IUI with Clomid 3 times, IUI with injectables once, and decided to try for IVF with ICSI, as RE said that was probably the only thing that would work for us. Retreival was 10.29, and we got 13 eggs. Turned out only 7 were mature, which we now know may be part of the problem as well. Of the 7, 5 were fertilized with ICSI. As of day 3, there were two great looking 8-cell embryos and 1 5-cell, so we went ahead with the Day 3 transfer on 11/1. Now we're in the waiting game until the Serum Pregnancy Test on Nov. 12. We've decided to keep this private, and it has been so very difficult not having any girls to support me. My husband, however, has truly stepped up at this most difficult time in my life. Last night (day of the transfer) he got me ice cream (just in case I might be craving it). I'll let everyone know how it goes!
Me: 29
DH: 32, Male Factor
4 Failed IUI
IVF #1 - BFN
FET #1 - BFP!!! DD born Sept 2010
IVF #2 - Chemical
Next: Work on improving DH and my fertility while saving up for next round. Why does something that we want so badly have to also be so expensive?
BRMommy2B
Regular

Postby Lucienne » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Hello,

This is my first IVF and ICSI (and hopefully the last). My transfer was on 03 Nov (2-day embryo qty 2). We have decided to just inform our families and close friends about it. It's not easy, I know and it was really stressful even due to the fact that during my treatment I was having a bad time a work too and couldn't relax. My test is on 13 Nov.

All the best,
Lucienne
Lucienne

Return to Introductions