IVF-Infertility.com home

Hiya... moving on to IVF in Chicago :)

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hiya... moving on to IVF in Chicago :)

Postby taartje » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Afternoon all!

After several failed IUI attempts... we've begun our IVF journey this month with retrieval dates the week of Dec. 7th! We're nervous and excited, of course. Our journey for a baby began immediately with a fertility doctor... diagnosed with PCOS at 20, no period, no natural ovulation, etc. 2006 a blocked tube was discovered.... We've done 5 rounds of IUI, first 2 were a bust w/ over stimulation... last three were unsucessful. We took a 8 month break... and now here we are!

I'm 29, my husband is 34 this month. We live in the city of Chicago and my full time job is caring for my nephews. We travel as often as we can and enjoy dining out, playing silly games on the xbox together, movies, reading and doing stuff around our new house!

I look forward to getting to know those around here and sharing our journeys...
taartje

Sponsor

Welcome

Postby albany07 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello and Welcome! Where will you be IVF'ing? We are in Chicago as well!
albany07
Regular

Postby Skylar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 am

Hi! I'm new to the forum as well. This will be my first IVF and I will have my retrieval the first week of December, so our dates will be close. I joined the forum because I don't know anyone close who is doing, or has done IVF, so
it's nice to see (and maybe talk to) someone who is not only doing it, but is going through the same things that I am at a close time.
Skylar

Postby albany07 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Hello Skylar,

I think you will have better luck reaching out to others and vice versa by joining the NOV/DEC cycle buddies group under the IVF forum rather under the introductions forum. Just a thought. We are doing our ivf #3 this November. Stims start this Sat.the 6th and retrieval the week of the 15th.
Good luck to you and I know you will meet some very nice gals and get a lot of support here. I remember the first time we were going through this and I know this message board was a great help for me and dh to get through it all and begin to understand a little more about what was going on through all the poking, prodding and sticking.
If it's not successful this time, don't be to hard on yourself or dh. Everything has a time and a reason. I had a really hard time with that as I'm an A type and I always thought we are in control of our destiny.
albany07
Regular

Postby taartje » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi Albany! Thanks for the welcome!

We're going through UIC! :)
taartje

Postby albany07 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Hope to see you on the pregnancy after treatment forums soon!!! We got our first BFP!!! We are almost 5 weeks preg. And have our first ultasound on fri dec 18th. We are at advanced fertility in gurnee - everyone is really great there. How did you decide on UIC? Do you like it there? I used to work at the medical center there. Do you live in the city? We live in logan square.
Me 33
DH 32 low count and motility
TTC 3 years
IVF#3 - Nov '09 BFP!
Maren Laurel 20 inches 6 lbs 7oz
ImageImage
albany07
Regular

Return to Introductions