IVF-Infertility.com home

Can implantation bleeding be bright red?

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Can implantation bleeding be bright red?

Postby GEORGIA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:44 am

Hi,
I am coming to the end of my first cycle of IVF - my pregnancy test is due tomorrow. I woke up this morning at 6am to find I have a heavy flow of bright red blood and abdominal pain. The blood only appears when I go to the toilet.
I am devastated and terrified I have my period.
I called the clinic and they have said to still come for my pregnancy test tomorrow.
Please help. Has anyone else had this? I am going crazy with worry! :?
GEORGIA

Postby minkidoo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Georgia, had 1 ivf cycle and 1 fet..both bfn's :(

about your post, from experience.. in cases of negative preg tests, menses are supposed to come 5 to 7 days after your scheduled preg test. I recommend you call your RE regarding your bleeding.

I truly hope that things will work out well with you.
Me: 27 '04 ectopic left tube removed
DH: 29
IUI: BFN 2006
IVF: BFN 2007
FET 1: BFN Dec 2009
FET 2: planning March this 2010
minkidoo

Postby Hopeful in SD » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi Georgia,

I had bright red bleeding two days before my scheduled beta test. I flipped out thinking that was it. I called the clinic and they told me to go on bed rest for the day and come in the next day for my beta. Turns out I was pregnant and I am currently 27 weeks with twins. You said heavy bleeding. I remember telling the nurse at first it was heavy as just the sight of it scared me, but when I looked back it wasn't as heavy as I made it sound. Take it easy today and good luck with your test tomorrow.
3 IUI, 3IVF
Hopeful in SD
Regular

Postby GEORGIA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Hopeful in SD,

Thank you so much for your message! You have given me hope! Please please please let me be pregnant tomorrow!

Many many congratulations with your twins! I do hope I will be joining you.

xx
GEORGIA

Postby GEORGIA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Minkidoo,

Thank you for your kind words. Its almost midnight so I am going to go to bed now and hope for the best result tomorrow.

I have spent a lot of today crying - lets hope tomorrow I will get a huge surprise!

Night night xx
GEORGIA

Return to General Forum