IVF-Infertility.com home

hello there...DHEA anyone?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

hello there...DHEA anyone?

Postby murph » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am new to this chat room but I have been reading quite a few postings and it is definitely nice to know that there actually are other women going threw the same things. I have had 3 failed IVF attempts. Well failed being that I still don't have a baby. I got pregnant with both of my fresh cycles and then the frozen went nowhere. Has anyone heard of DHEA? I have premature ovarian failure, (POF) they call it and so I don't make a lot of eggs. My doctor thinks maybe the ones I do make are bad. Whaa! Has anyone been on DHEA? or steroids? Thanks.
murph

Postby sruppe » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Hey Stephanie, my name is Sara. I am new to this chat room and new to IVF. This is my first cycle and my doctor has had me on DHEA for about 2 months prior to starting the process. I am taking micro Lupron and I am adding Gonal and Menopur starting tonight. I go back on 1/27 for bloodwork and an ultrasound. I will be glad to let you know if it seems to make a difference and what my doctors says..........I am trying to stay calm but it is so hard~ My spouse and I have been trying for 9 years and are just now able to afford IVF. I have low ovarian reserve and he has a few issues with his sperm...........best of luck to you!
sruppe

Return to Introductions