IVF-Infertility.com home

Lost our IVF baby

Forum for those who have lost their babies through miscarriage, neonatal or stillbirth.

Lost our IVF baby

Postby Baylee308 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 am

Hello, I'm new to this website and it has been a Godsend. We found out last week at our 8 week ultrasound that our baby had no hearbeat. We were heartbroken, seeing that just 2 weeks earlier he had a strong heatrbeat. It's been a week since I had my D&C and everyday is better. The emotional pain is still there, and probaby will never go away. I feel your pain and heartache to all of you who have went through this same thing. We lost our baby, and nothing can change that. God give us strength!

Postby starwishes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Baylee,
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you can get strength you need from the love of all those around you.
Me- 35
'unexplained infertility'
TTC - 3 1/2 years
5 failed IUI attempts
IVF #1 July '09 - BFP m/c 6 weeks
IVF #2 Dec '09 - BFP m/c 9 weeks
FET Oct '10 - BFN

Postby Hope644 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 am

Hi Baylee -

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. I can relate to your pain. Our 2nd IVF resulted in BFP in which we saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, beating strong - only to discover 2 weeks later, no heartbeat at all. :( It is devistating. My heart breaks for you as I read your post.

Missed miscarriage and regular miscarriages are terribly difficult to deal with. It's such a hidden pain. Either the world doesn't know, and we certainly don't want to share - or when they do know - they expect us to bounce right back like a bad hair day or something.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I am sorry. I hope that you find comfort and peace.

IVF 1st-BFN, 2nd-BFP mc 8wk,
3rd IVF-BFP!
4th IVF-BFP!
5 snowbabies on ice

Return to Babies - Loved and Lost