IVF-Infertility.com home

Suffering after a miscarriage

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Suffering after a miscarriage

Postby lmb86 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi everyone,
This was my first attemp at IVF and the result was positive about three days later i started bleeding, i thought this might be normal but thought i would double check, i rang up the IVF unit, as it was only spotting i still had a hcg test done, then four days later found out after another hcg test it was negative. I have never been so heart broken in my life.
So now i am waiting for a letter from the clinic, as i have 2 frozen blastocycts so have put back in, but i dont know the procedure for this or how long i have to wait before having it done i just want it done now. If you have ever been through this please help me thanks xxx
lmb86

Re: Suffering after a miscarriage

Postby angelaezra » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 pm

First of all I want to tell you how sorry I am to hear of your miscarriage.

I have had a similar situation after my stillbirth and they just had me wait until I had a menstrual cycle on my own, which took about 4 weeks. They did suggest I wait a few months to heal emotionally but I didn't want to. I felt the same way you do ... I wanted to become pregnant right away. You will know when you are ready for another transfer. Maybe, you and your RE can sit down and narrow down a great plan of action for your next transfer.

I have also had the frozen egg transfer and it was very similar to the fresh but you don't have to stimulate your ovaries because you are only getting the uterus ready for implantation. My frozen transfer unfortunately did not work for me but I have met several people who got their BFPs. The only thing I didn't like when I compared the fresh versus the frozen transfer was the fact that I had to inject progesterone IM. I just couldn't tolerate the injections ... I definitely prefer the suppositories.
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Postby ann d. » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 am

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can understand how you must feel. I remember when I was told for the first time that I was pregnant. The feeling of "it finally happened" was overwhelming. I was elated, shaking, and it was probably one of the most happiest moments of my life. Then I miscarried at 7 weeks. No one else knows the devastation we go through after hearing that, especially as IVF patients. It is such a roller coaster ride. I cried for what seemed forever. To this day, I still can remember the emotional pain I felt.

However, there is some good news to what you're going through although it may not seem like it right now. First, you have TWO blastocysts waiting for you. Second, you CAN get pregnant. Once I knew that, I had the feeling of hope in me again and that's what got me through it all. With my RE, he had me wait a full menstrual cycle before I could start again. We didn't try for months later due to my work. I agree with angelereza, you'll know when you are ready. I think a big part of it is being emotionally ready as well as physically. Good luck with everything! Keep positive thoughts in your mind as much as you can.
Me: 36, DH:37
IVF #2: Jan '09- BFP! :-)
FET: Nov '10- transferred 1 embie- BFN :-(
Baby Alexander born September 20th, 2009!
ann d.
Regular

Postby shikha goel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 am

hi i have got done ivf in feb 2010 but ended it in chemical pregnancy like you my beta hcg levels went down so my doctor is saying he can start my treatment right now but i want some time at least two months so if u can then u can continue uor treatments all the best.

1 ivf -ve
2ivf +bfp
but premature birth at5 months
3ivf chemical
waiting 4 next ivf ..
shikha goel

Return to Introductions