IVF-Infertility.com home

Feeling very sad today

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Feeling very sad today

Postby Bellac » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

HI All
New to the site. I have logged in a few times to read about everyones successes and advise and felt today that I wanted to post.
This is my second attempt at IVF after 4 operations (Started as stage 3 CIN stage and then progressed to a tubal infection and they finally removed both tubes in Nov 09). First attempt at IVF was Long cycle and this was a BFN and they now think this was because of my tubes and all the operations. Now on the Antagonist cycle as my AMH is 0.2 away from IVF not being an option.
Today I am on day 8 and had my first scan they could only see 10 follicles and they were of no great size. Was vey disappointed as my follicle growth was better on my first cycle and that only resulted in 4 eggs and two embryos. They have advised that we will prob need to carry on a bit longer with the drugs to give the follicules longer to grow.
Loosing a bit of faith in the cycle already and there is a long way to go yet :cry:
Has anyone else had a good growth spurt post day 8?
Bella
First IVF (ICSI)July 09 BFN
Second IVF (ICSI ANtagonist) March / April 10 ?!
Both Tubes removed November 09 after 4 operations caused by CIN stage 3 post op Infection.
DH 38 Me 32
AMH 15.9
Bellac

Re: Feeling very sad today

Postby angelaezra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Bella – I too had problems beginning this cycle that I didn’t have a 1 ½ ago during my first fresh cycle. My estradiol level and the size of the follicles were not growing as expected. I think after day 5, my RE increased my Follistim from 300 to 375 and after that my estradiol and the size of the follicles started to really grow. I think by day 7 they were still a little behind but now according to my last scan and blood draw (day 11) I am on target for an ER tomorrow (Thursday).

Did they increase the dose of your stimming medication to help grow your follicles? Did they also say that your estradiol level is in line with the size of your follicles? You might be a slower responder but as long as your estradiol and the size of the follicles are in synch then you should be on your way, which is what I was told by my RE.

Good luck to you!

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Re: Feeling very sad today

Postby angelaezra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:19 pm

By the way, you might want to post this topic under the IVF forum because you are more likely to receive more posts on that site.

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions