IVF-Infertility.com home

New

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New

Postby Pauline79 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi

I am just about to go through my 2nd attempt at IFV. My first cycle failed in November I had 13 eggs collected, 11 fertilised and 1 transferred with 3 frozen. I did try again to have my frozen embryos implanted but unfortunately they did not survive. I am now about to start my second cycle and I am scared as hell that it will be the same. I don’t really know anyone that has been through IVF so just wanted some advice. :)
Pauline79

Re: New

Postby angelaezra » Sun May 16, 2010 1:54 am

Pauline79 wrote:Hi

I am just about to go through my 2nd attempt at IFV. My first cycle failed in November I had 13 eggs collected, 11 fertilised and 1 transferred with 3 frozen. I did try again to have my frozen embryos implanted but unfortunately they did not survive. I am now about to start my second cycle and I am scared as hell that it will be the same. I don’t really know anyone that has been through IVF so just wanted some advice. :)

Hello Pauline – I am sorry about your previous experiences w/ IVF. By chance, are you starting fresh w/ a fresh IVF, I thought I read none of your embryos made it through the thaw? Did you sit down w/ your RE and talk about your previous failed IVF cycles? If so, did he or she change your IVF protocol? I have read about several women who have had just a slight change in their IVF protocol and they ended up w/ their BFP. You might want to move over to the IVF forum because that is where most of the other ladies who are going through IVF are located. I wish you good luck!

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions