IVF-Infertility.com home

1st time IVF :) Question?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

1st time IVF :) Question?

Postby merimer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello,

My husband and were married last year and found out that we could not have kids naturally :( . So we met with an infertility doctor which put us on the IVF route. I'm currently on the stimulation medication of Gonal-f and 2 vials of Menopur. I'm on day 8 of the stimulation medication and when I went for the sonogram yesterday I had 3 follicles and 4 tiny ones. They bumped me up in my meds to two vials of Menopur in hopes of getting the 4 tiny ones out into the open :). I'm just worried because of the low number of follicles...has anyone here also had a low number of follicles? Any advice of what to do or what we should do next? I appreciate any advice or help!
Thank you!!
merimer

Re: 1st time IVF :) Question?

Postby cillile » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 am

Hi Merimer,
Im not expert to give any medical advice and have few ideas on how to bump up the number of folicles. I have seen vitamin and steriod regiemes on some of the boards, also recommendations where some people swear by acupunture, yoga and other things like that. I havent tried any of those, but you might like to investigate them more. Possibly posting on the ivf board, people who are more in the know might see your question and then youd get a better response.

I have had low numbers for all 4 of my cycles. The first one work fine though with only 7 eggs, 5 of which were mature and produced 3 embryos with 2 which made it to a 3 day transfer. This produced one happy healthy baby. Sadly the later cycles which produced similar numbers have not resulted in a pregnancy, but this is mostly blamed on my age (43). They do say it isn't always the number that is important, but the quality of the eggs collected. I read recently of a lady who produced over 60 follicles which resulted in 48 eggs and 22 embryos then 2 were transferred (unfortunately BFN) and they only had 5 of the remaining make it to freezing.

All I can really say is good luck, I hope the ones you have make beautiful sticky embryos and you get a BFP or even 2 from them. :D
Me 43 Partner 46
1st IVF 2006 BFP DD June 07
2nd IVF Nov 2009 BFN
1st FET Jan 2010 cancelled missed ov
2nd FET Feb 2010 didn't survive the thaw
3rd IVF March 2010 no viable embryos
4th IVF May 2010 BFN
Would love a sib for our vivacous DD
cillile

Return to Introductions