IVF-Infertility.com home

Looking for support for try #3

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Looking for support for try #3

Postby deidraj » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:02 am

My name is Deidra. I'm 25 and my husband is 27. We have been TTC for over 4 years. After some testing we discovered that my husband has variocele veins that cause a very low sperm count. We were told in-vitro was our best option. We did our first round in February/March. We used Bravelle & Menopur. I only produced 4 usable eggs & 3 of those fertilized. The blood test came back negative (the worst day of my life so far). We began again in July. This time the Dr. had me do an extra vial of Bravelle every other day. I only produced 2 eggs this time so he opted for an IUI. I didn't have to wait for a blood test this time because I ended up starting a week early. They were going to start us again right away, but after an ultrasound the Dr. decided to let my body rest a month. We started this round on Sunday (and this is our final shot due to insurance). This time I will be doing 3 vials of Bravelle, 1 of Menopur, as well as taking Femara (which I started yesterday). I start shots tomorrow and I go back to the Dr. on Monday morning.

I'm feeling a whole mix of emotions. The first time I was so confident it would work because the Dr. said with our ages we had close to a 60% chance of success. The 2nd time I was less optimistic & then the medicine didn't work as well as it should. This time I'm not sure how to feel. I'm so nervous. I know that stress is not good so I'm just trying not to think about it at all. I think it will hit me more when I start the shots again tomorrow. Good luck to all those trying!
deidraj

Re: Looking for support for try #3

Postby angelaezra » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:00 am

I want to wish you good luck for try # 3. It might be helpful to move over to the IVF forum as you will find several ladies who are in similar situations as you are and can provide a lot of support and advice!

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions