IVF-Infertility.com home

Excited/Scared/Hopeful

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Excited/Scared/Hopeful

Postby Cshell717 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 am

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mishell and im 31 and i've been married to DH for 5 years. We've been trying to convieve ever since we got married with no luck. I found out a couple of years ago that I have endomitriosis which could have been the cause for my ovulation problems. Last October I was put on clomid which did work the second month of trying..we were ecstatic until around christmas time we found out it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. So that whole ordeal was an emotional roller coaster as cliche as it sounds. We decided to try again a few months later and if we didn't get pregnant on our own by September, we would consider ivf. So here I am, just met with my dr who a friend recommended and I am so glad I did. I think its the best choice for us because we don't want to risk having another ectopic with my remaining tube. I am excited for whats in store, but I am also nervous, anxious, and scared that I will get my hopes up..especially with a cost. I am trying to stay positive and am hopeful that I will one day be a mommy..hopefully sooner than later ;) I am looking forward to meeting you all and going throught this journey together. BEst of luck and baby dust to you all.. :)
Last edited by Cshell717 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishell, 33, Endo
12/09 Ectopic
12/10 IVF #1 BFN
06/11 IVF #2 BFN
12/12 IVF #3 FET-BFP
09/05/12 Welcomed beautiful Brynn into the world.
~Never Lose Hope~
Cshell717

Re: Excitied/Scared/Hopeful

Postby wannabmamma » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:34 am

Hi Mishell.
I wrote a post with similar heading but with my internet crushed down at the time never got a chance to post it! :mrgreen: But I feel exactly all of the above. :D
I'm also 31 yrs old and both myself and DH have Thalassemia minor - carriers. Thala is inherited blood disorders. ("Inherited" means that parents pass the genes for the disorder on to their children. )The most severe form of alpha thalassemia is called alpha thalassemia major . Babies who have this disorder usually die before or shortly after birth. when both parents have a thala the risks are 1 in 4 pregnancies the baby will born as Tahala major and there are only 2 ways to detect it; either at 14/15 weeks pregnancy or after birth. As you can imagine neither are acceptable circumstances. So we will be having ICSI with PGD.
I did get pregnant last November (it was unplanned!) but as explained before we couldn't go through with the pregnancy and I had to have an abortion. Needless to say how traumatic it was. But on the hindsight I know that I can pregnant, so that gives me some hope. I did have the 3 day FSH test and my was slightly high and was near the 15 mark and apparently I didn't produce enough as expected from my age-band! I am starting my treatment tomorrow. yes the mighty injections!! and take it from there.
I am extremly nervous, scared, excited God so many things all in one go!! God help my DH! Also all I want to talk is about this but I know I need to let it "just happen" and not to get too stressed about it. (mmm, easier to said than done)..
So here's my story and like you also in need of morale support and advice from others who's also in the same journey.
Wishing you all the best and God bless. Let's stay in touch.
wannabmamma

Re: Excited/Scared/Hopeful

Postby Cshell717 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Thank you and best of luck to you as well!
Mishell, 33, Endo
12/09 Ectopic
12/10 IVF #1 BFN
06/11 IVF #2 BFN
12/12 IVF #3 FET-BFP
09/05/12 Welcomed beautiful Brynn into the world.
~Never Lose Hope~
Cshell717

Return to Introductions