IVF-Infertility.com home

My story

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

My story

Postby Prayersnpies » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 pm

It has helped me tremendously to read others stories to know that I am not in this alone. :)

My husband and I have been married 10 years, and for seven years we have been trying to have children. I am 32 and he is 38. We have done all sorts of screens and tests and our infertility problems are undetermined. There is nothing wrong with me or with my husband. We have been through 4 rounds of IUI using Chlomid. This month, at the end of the month we are going through our first cycle of IVF. I am currently taking injections and remaining hopefull. We are unsure if we are going to preserve our embryo's or not.

I have told one friend and my two sisters about it. I haven't told my parents. I wanted it to be a surprise to tell them that --that one fine day, that they will be grandparents. The questions are very difficult for me to answer expecially when they ask about success rates. That is one question I don't care to answer. It has been such a long and emotional journey. It kills me inside that I can't be sincerely happy for my friends when they get pregnant and all I think about is my infertility problems. I don't want to be jealous or wish infertility upon anyone. We have a lot of love to give.

We are so hopeful that God will let us have our turn.

Thank you for letting me share my story.
Prayersnpies

Re: My story

Postby Sunshine1576 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Prayersnpies,
Your story is very simular to mine...We celebrate 12 yrs of marriage next month and all I want more than anything is to have a family. Our last RE suggested another IVF last Spring but at that point I said I wanted laproscopic surgery to see if anything internally was wrong that he might could even fix... To his surprise everything looked fine and we fall into that 10% unexplained infertility group. So we are back to the drawing board but now with a new RE now who gives me new hope. We might reconsider IVF again after two more attempts with IUI. It's sooo expensive but we still have options out there, right? I wish you all the VERY best in this journey and when you get ready, please join us over on the SummerBoard. :D
Married 13 yrs
36, unexplained
1 natural pg- m/c at 7 wks
(2010-2012) 4 IUIs, 2 IVFs
FET cycle 2/25/2013
Beta: 95, 390, 1361
3/27 HR 140
4/10 HR 184
4/17 Released from RE
6/21 Found out we are having a BOY!
Sunshine1576
Valued Contributor

Re: My story

Postby Prayersnpies » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome and sharing your story. Best wishes. What is the summer board?
Married 6/2/01
Me-32
DH-38
TTC-7 yrs
"unexplained fertility"
4 IUI's - all BFN
1st IVF- 7/11 BFP U/S on 8/23
Prayersnpies

Return to Introductions