wow - 4 pages overnight! Looks like everyone is back from their holiday vacations!
- no, the boys' birth wasn't considered IC because I was having regular contractions (although I could barely feel them). One doctor said he thought there could be an IC aspect, because I dilated fully in less than 2 hours, but in general, having contractions rules out IC.
Good news about the Zofran being approved. I'm sure doctors will still be annoying about it (ie, make me try everything else first!), but I know the Zofran works for me.
Crappy days still suck. When I complain about pregnancy symptoms (especially my puking and the related hospital trips for IV fluids), people always say "but aren't you so glad you're pregnant?" Of course you are glad you're pregnant! But that doesn't mean that you don't still have sucky days!
- update? I've been stalking for your beta results!
- thanks. In general, I trust my IVF doctors. I just don't understand why they are being so backward on this issue! Good luck at retrieval today! Let us know how it goes!
- you know, you are still really early. I usually don't get a BFP until about 11 or 12 dpo, and my betas are usually very high (not this time, but the other 3). POAS is an obsession though! I'm obsessed too! You can't use the steroid cream for your face? that should be fine, ask your doctor.
- no rollercoasters? Is your life worth living?
So you saw your ectopic in your tube... I wish we could see something that would definitively tell us what this is (and what to do about it!) As for the signature ticker, you can shrink the url, and sometimes that helps it all fit in this website's 255 character limit (or whatever). Google "Tiny url" and you'll get a site that'll shorten the link for you.
- Happy New Year to you too! Yeah - this is seriously seriously sucking. I have some really big questions for "the big man upstairs" if I ever get the chance to ask. What the f*ck could I possibly have done to deserve all this crap? I'm a generally good person (at least, I think!). You've been to Israel? On a cruise? Cool! What did you see? Only the port towns (Haifa and/or Ashdod) or also Jerusalem?
- YAYAYAYAY! Wow, you are having great IVF pregnancy rates (which, I know as well as you, aren't the same as "take home baby" success rates, but still! You've had 4 transfers and 3 pregnancies? I thought my 4/7 was good!) I hope the next 2-3 weeks pass super quickly and you see that heartbeat soon! - btw, funny story about bruising. I fenced in college (yes, with swords, that kind of fencing) and so did DH (actually, part of how we met!). I was always bruised up from the fencing. Right before our wedding, we went to a fencing club and had a great 'date' (I whupped his butt!). He got one really good jab at my arm, leaving me with an enormous welt and bruise. I happened to be working that summer for a social worker. At work the next day, she asked me what the heck happened to my arm. I said "it's fine, just David". She was horrified until I explained more! Another fencer on our team went to donate blood. The person taking the blood saw all her bruises and gave her a card with a hotline for abused women!
- welcome back! New job? Congrats! What are you doing now? I hope this cycle works. It's so frustrating when doctors have no answers except "bad luck". Ugh.
- I'm sorry you have to push off your cycle. I'm heavier than you (I weight about 95kg and I'm only 5'4) and while my clinic has suggested losing weight, everyone understands that the stress and hormones are part of what's keeping it on. (And not being allowed to exercise vigorously while cycling or pregnant). I've actually gained about 10kg since losing the boys this summer. I need to stop "comfort eating". I have no appetite and the other things I can consider eating is junk. Ugh. SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAR! Nothing worse than when you get in the car, all ready to go (or running late!) and the damned car doesn't do the one thing you want it to do! I hope the repalcement part is cheap, fast and works!
- good luck today! I'm stalking for u/s updates!
- I don't take any supplements, so no advice. I'm wondering if I should though.... We asked our doctor about supplements for D's sperm count, but he said that even the best results from the best supplements would still mean needing to do IVF/ICSI so we shouldn't waste our money. We always assume my eggs are fine (young, respond well, lots of good looking embryos), but maybe I should take a supplement.... hmmm..... --- how do you find out what the "up to" 70% back means?
As for cleaning out closets - a bunch of my friends (and I) have regular clothing swaps. We get together for an evening (with a bottle of wine and some snacks) and everyone brings some stuff from their closet -- nice, good stuff - just things they never wear. Everyone has something they bought on sale, or on a whim, that doesn't fit/look right - or things they just don't wear anymore. It's a great way to get 'new' clothes for free, and forces me to go through my closet every month or two.
Nicole (blue eyed)
- hurray for having a schedule! I know that's not the same as actually starting, but it's always great to know HOW LONG you are waiting!
- just another day.
Day 4 of 5 of the Provera. We'll see what happens. Am I the only one who stresses like CRAZY in the 3-4 days after finishing Provera and waiting for my period? I always think it won't come. I don't know why, but it drives me nuts!
Yesterday was nuts -- work and then an evening performance. Today is crazier -- work and then a matinee and then an evening performance! GAH! Tomorrow is work and evening performance.
Of course, I got home at midnight last night and knew I had to wake up by 7am... so I could fall asleep until about 4am. I never have insomia/can't-sleep issues -- unless I *have* to get lots of sleep in a specific time. UGH!
I'm trying not to stress/think about this damned pregnancy. UGH.