(always angel) - WTF? Ugh - this sucks. Beta hell is awful - I've been dealing with it for more than 10 weeks already. I hope yours falls to zero. Have you seen a RPL (repeat pregnancy loss) specialist? Besides Lovenox and PGD - what else can you do?Janis
- congrats! 8 fertilized is great. Did you do the transfer Friday or waiting until Sunday?Gina
- I really hope this vacation is relaxing and re
-charging for us. I hope y'all can save up enough for a shared risk program! Would you qualify, do you think? If we had to pay out of pocket, I would be terrified to risk it all on one cycle, but I understand how expensive this stuff can be.kbills
- congrats on reaching the 2nd trimester! Don't worry so much about weight gain - just eat what you can. I suffer from hyperemsis all of my pregnancies - and lost tons of weight, but my babies have always been right on track for gestational age. They'll take EVERYTHING out of your body Maria
- it's always amazing to watch people's tickers count down to babies -- I know it seems to you like forever, but I can't believe you are already at almost 9 weeks! when is your next scan?Patricia
- thanks for understanding. So many people (including my own mother) say that we are so young, and have so much time, that we should take a nice long break from this. They think that the IVF is what's stressing me out and that ifw e don't cycle, I'll be less stressed. But they don't understand that it's waiting for the baby that's stressing me out (and not knowing if we'll ever bring one home) and the IVF is one of the only things that CALMS me down! The only time I feel less stressed is when I'm cycling -- the best is the first few days post transfer -- before that, I'm worried that something will happen and we'll have nothing to transfer, and a few days later, I feel stressed about BFN
- but for the first few days post transfer, I feel relieved and relaxed. Weirdo, huh?
So glad AF is here! I hope you can either lose those last few pounds, or that they don't weigh you!Christy
- I really hope the cruise helps us reconnect. We keep talking about how we miss each other -- like we both feel like zombies and we miss the connection with each other. I hope the time away will help.The Hershey kiss thing sounds great, but I can't get them here! The Israeli version is called "click", which doesn't have the same romantic meaning!
Each time he'd find one, he'd have to snap his fingers or something!
Paris themed room for Belle sounds awesome! You are such a great 'auntie'! I'm glad you had fun with her.Nicole
- I'm a huge sucker for POAS... I usually start at 3dp5dt - but I've never seen anything until 5dp5dt at the earliest!
I'm glad venting about your husband made you feel better. I always want to shoot some hormnoes into my DH
so that he'll understand what it's like! And sheesh! Why can't men just text message when they will be late? Must be a guy thing...Amy
(kerpupples) - I'm so sorry about your FIL. Even if it was expected, it's still hard. --- The gas prices here are really really really insane. None of the Arab or other Muslim countries will sell to us -- so we have to buy third party. Most of the gas we have here comes via France, who just buys it from the Saudis or whatever. That means we have to pay the middle man AND pay to ship it halfway across the world and back!akdelp
- YAY! I'm so excited for you for your transfer on Monday!AFM
- we had a nice chill weekend.
There is an organization here that helps provide support for women doing IVF - subsidized therapy (witha therapist who is a specialist in IF), massage and yoga. I've been seeing their therapist (which is good) and I had a massage on Friday (subsidized so I only had to pay $15!) That was amazing! I really need to do massages more often!
We had friends come for lunch today - and otherwise, we chilled out in bed, watching TV and reading (and napping! I'm like a preschooler - I need my naps on weekends!)
Not sure if y'all stalk the other threads here but on Thursday I got D's lab results. The new RE
ran all the same basic hormone tests that we did 3 years ago when we were starting.... D's prolactin is really high, but everything else is normal. 2 seconds on "Dr. Google" gives me the answer of "prolactinoma" - a benign peituitary tumor that can cause LOW SPERM COUNT! and is treatable with ORAL MEDICATION! WTF? Why has no one ever mentioned this as a possible cause? I looked at the blood tests from 3 years ago, and the number is also very high. We are meeting our GP on Wednesday to discuss. Hopefully he'll either explain why this is nothing, or refer us to an endocrinologist/MRI.
OMG - what if D's MFI is treatable? and we could get pregnant with IUIs, or injectibles/Clomid and INTERCOURSE? WOW! That would be a dream come true!
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it would be amazing.
Six days until vacation!