Lori (always angel)
- UGH. Sounds like what I'm dealing with. I hope your doctors are more aggressive and you can finish this sooner than the time it's taking me! What a pain. Oddly, my two miscarriages have taken waaaaaayyyyy longer to resolve than either of my later deliveries. I had a C-section for heaven's sake and I could cycle sooner than I'll be able to cycle after this damned 5wk miscarriage! All my tests are normal too -- so frustrating.Nicole
- I've heard that transferring embryos is like putting a piece of dust into a peanut butter sandwich -- there ain't no way those things will be 'shaken loose' or anything. My doctors also say that there is no need for bed rest or any other restrictions during the 2ww
. They warn against vigirous exercise during stimming because of the minimal risk of ovarian torsion, but otherwise, business as usual! I can't wait until you POAS!Christy
- well, there is no Hershey's here, but there are all the same kinds of chocolate (and actually I think the Israeli brands are much yummier! Send me your address, and I'll send you some yummy Israeli treats!). The little chocolates aren't 'kiss' shaped, but sqaures/circles/etc. We actually NEVER "do" Valentine's Day -- but a coworker of David's who is a friend of mine mentioned that she was so jealous of what David was doing for V-day. Crap! That means I have to do something too! So last night, I bought an (overpriced! sheesh - $2 more than this chocolate usually costs!)heart shaped box of chocolate and left it on his night stand with a note, so he'll get it when he wakes up.
We haven't STARTED packing yet! Uh-oh! Also, we have a friend's parents staying in our apartment while we are gone (they are coming to visit, so they are paying us to sublet our apartment) -- and we have to clean it up before they get here! Lots to do!
I heard a tip -- pack old underwear and socks -- then throw them out after they are dirty. That way, you don't lug around dirty socks/underwear and you have more room in your suitcase for souvenirs!
I was always on BCP before cycling, but I don't have regular cycles. But I've also heard it's a good way to slightly suppress you. Are you doing a long Lupron cycle, or a short antagonist (Ganirelix) cycle?btw
- thinking about the Duggars makes me irrationally angry -- not only has she had so many healthy kids - but their youngest was a preemie - 25wks and weighing 600gr or so -- and she is fine! How the f*ck is that fair? She gets to bring home her 19th kid, but my boys both die in the NICU? I seriously have some questions if I ever get to talk to God.... (btw
, Nicole - I do feel horribly bad about them losing a baby at 20 weeks, I know how that feels, but over all, I think it's not fair. Idon't blame them, but I blame God/the universe/fate/whatever)Patricia
- It is quiet.... hmm.... Congrats on being a god-mother (is that what you say? I don't know anyone who is a god-mother!). It's so hard to do baby things. My friend had a baby boy a little over a month ago -- I went to the Brit (circumsicion ceremony) and it was so hard. So when she had the Pidyon HaBen (loooonng explanation of what that is, but basically, a ceremony for a first born son when he is 30 days old), we skipped it. They wanted to know why we couldn't make it (it was a small, intimate affair and we were one of the few invited) and I was honest and said I couldn't tolerate another baby celebration.akdelp
- CONGRATS on being PUPO! How many did you transfer? Planning on POAS again?Gina
- I totally think I'm an "overeater" and need to go to 12 step meetings! I'm totally a stress eater. Last night I was stressed, and ate most of a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Just thinking about it now makes me a little queasy - ick!
One rule that we keep trying to institute is that all food must be eaten at the dining room table. No eating in front of the TV or computer. Janis
- congrats on being PUPO to you too! 3dt are fine -- my first twins were a 3dt. The only reason we switched to 5dt is because we want to do SET (transfer one embryo at a time) and the PER EMBRYO pregnancy rate is higher with 5dt. Amy (kerpupples)
- congrats! It's so exciting how fast they grow, no? From blobs, to gummy worms, to actually baby-looking babies! I always had a long break between the last u/s with RE
at around 7wks until the NT scan at 12wks. Long wait for me always! AFM
ugh this nightmare won't end!
My beta has leveled off --- 24 last week, 30 this weeks. That isn't considered a rise, because it's within the 'margin of error' for the test. So basically, it hasn't dropped or risen. Oy.
The 'retained tissue' or whatever it is has GROWN (!?!) from 9mm to 14mm. The 'on-call' RE
(actually a new one I've never met) referred me to a surgical hysteroscopy (after making me run around the hospital to do another, high-res u/s). I faxed in the request to the correct department. They called me back yesterday afternoon---- the next available appt for a surgical hysteroscopy is APRIL! WTF? So I called my RE
-- maybe they can help me get a sooner appt, or maybe I'll do a D&C instead. In any case, very very very slim chance this will be done before my trip. UGGGGHHHHHHH.....
I'm so frustrated. I cried myself to sleep while David held me and stroked my hair, which was nice.
I'm just trying to stay calm and get excited about my trip.
I know in the long run that if we don't start our next cycle until April, or even May, it's not a big deal. But it's sooooo frustrating to me!