IVF-Infertility.com home

First Beta..2237...multiples?

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

First Beta..2237...multiples?

Postby karin1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:33 am

Hi All,

We did an FET on Dec 14. We transferred one 5 day blast ( I think. It was frozen on day 6. So is it 5 or 6 day?) Anyway, I had my beta yesterday and it was 2237 :shock: With my first pregnancy we transferred 2 and I had two. My first beta with them was 680....so you can understand why I am shocked. My RE said not to worry that he's seen high numbers for singletons too. Has anyone ever had this high of a beta and still only have one?

Thanks in advance for your help!
~Karin~

Me-39
Dh-41
Twin Boys
Born July 4, 2011
karin1
Regular

Re: First Beta..2237...multiples?

Postby leorira11 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:54 am

Karin -- First of all, CONGRATS! That is so exciting!

What day did you do your beta? Remember, it's doubling, so even if you did a beta a few days later, it could be much much much higher. You can compare your levels to other people on [url]betabase.info[/url]

Also, I've had singleton pregnancies with higher betas than my twin pregnancies. I guess you'll just ahve to wait for an u/s!
8 IVF+6 FET=6 BFN+8 BFP =

-b/g twins 22w (12.09)
-mc 10w (9.10)
-Micha (7.19-24.11) & Asaf (7.19-28.11) born at 24w
-mc 5wk (2.12)
-no HB at 18w (10.12)
-BO (4.13)-
-mc 6wk (9.13)

last attempt - donor sperm - baby girl born healthy July 2014
leorira11
Valued Contributor

Postby rypell1985 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Karin! Congrats! I would guess that since you only transferred 1, the chances of it being 1 are probably good! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
Ryann,27;DH,27
IVF1-Sept '10

FET1-Dec '10 BFP!
12.15: 275 12.17: 824 12.20: 3,408
Boy & Girl Due 8.22.2011
Born 7.13.11 @ 34 weeks

Natural BFP
Boy due 5.08.2013
8.30: 66 9.05: 747 9.08: 2,596

rypell1985
Regular

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Probably a single. Monozygotc twins are pretty rare, and more unusual than such an hCG value for a single. But you cannot tell until the ultrasound.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby prashanth » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 am

leorira11 wrote:Karin -- First of all, CONGRATS! That is so exciting!

What day did you do your beta? Remember, it's doubling, so even if you did a beta a few days later, it could be much much much higher. You can compare your levels to other people on [url]betabase.info[/url]

Also, I've had singleton pregnancies with higher betas than my twin pregnancies. I guess you'll just ahve to wait for an u/s!

Hi There,

Greethings from Prashanth Fertility Research Center!!

I am Manojj, General Manager - Internation communications & Patients assistance program. I just came across your post at "IVF - Infertile.com" and thought of sharing with you some information about our hospital.

We are one of the worlds best IVF center, located in India, Chennai. At present we maintain 60% to 65% success rate in assisted reproduction. Please visit our website: www.ivfpfrc.com for more information about our hospital. In India, the fertility treatment is cheaper and best in quality. If you require any help / assistance, please feel free to write your reply.

Our Purpose:

Dreams come true, without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them. Yes Dr. Geetha Haripriya is here to help you achieve your dream.
Dr. Geetha Haripriya herself underwent the agony of infertility & being childless for more than 15 years after marriage, tried in vain to achieve pregnancy in India. Having realized that technology has not improved, she went abroad at the cost of huge money and personal discomfiture.
As the Buddhist Proverb says, “ When the student is ready, the master appears”. Dr. Geetha Haripriya experienced the pain of childless couple left alone in our country and decided to help them all. With that in mind and sacrificing all comforts and ignoring all the advice's given to her by the doctors abroad to safe guard her pregnancy, she underwent all the training and learnt the techniques unmindful of the growing fetus. That was a dream very close to her heart “ Prashanth Fertility Research center – When nature falters, we take over ” and she achieved it without much fanfare, the phenomenal success she has shown, has turned the people from various countries to visit India.
In Prashanth Fertility Research center, she dedicated 18 to 20 hours a day to help couple who had been waiting for years to carry their baby. The dream journey has evolved through the time and today it is “Prashanth Fertility Research Center” has become “Prashanth Multispecialty Hospital”.

Thanks and Regards,
Manojj
prashanth

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)