IVF-Infertility.com home

PGD tested embryos and failed IVF transfers

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

PGD tested embryos and failed IVF transfers

Postby grounded » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello, I am new to the message board and I've come here in desperation seeking advice.

I'll make this as brief as possible.

I have always known I was infertile from a childhood illness. I also cannot carry a child because of the same illness. It's all a long story but we are using an egg donor and a GC.

We had a great egg donor, and a bunch of embryos. After PGS testing (recommended by our clinic and surrogacy agency to avoid miscarriage) we had 5 grade A embryos. We had a wonderful wonderful GC and we did two transfers (single embryo each) with her. Both failed with not even a hint of a positive pregnancy test. Everyone including our doctor seems baffled and thinks with a young donor and young GC we should be pregnant.

Even our doctor admits that the lab could have damaged the embryos, but we have 3 left. We have a new GC. This is getting crazy expensive and I don't want to torture this GC with more failed transfers and it's hard for me to be hopeful at this point.

I have some inside information that a bunch of other people have been having failed transfers with PGS-tested embryos at this clinic. But that is a small sample and the clinic says it could be that our embryos were damaged, but it could also be other things and they are still getting people pregnant using PGS-tested embryos there.

I know so many of you have been though so much more. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether we should try our last 3 PGS-tested embryos with the new GC or if we should haul out of that clinic and start over again with all new embryos? (Sob!) :cry:

To review:
5 PGS-tested embryos
2 embryos failed to transfer
New GC
3 embryos left to transfer
rumors of unsuccessful PGS-embryo transfers at our clinic
Dr sounds concerned, but thinks we should try the last 3 embryos
Should we try the last three embryos or walk away and start over with new embryos at a different clinic?

Thanks in advance for any experienced input you may have! Sorry for the long read!
grounded

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)