IVF-Infertility.com home

Best Country for IVF??

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Re: Best Country for IVF??

Postby xenia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:17 pm

howard - yes, IVF cost mainly depends on a country and a type of procedure. A friend of mine paid about 3 500 Euros for IVF at top in vitro clinic in Gdansk.
xenia

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55 pm

There is no "best country". It's more complex than that.

The United States has the greatest success rates. This is pretty well-known and documented. But the US is also the most expensive, by far, and some US centers increase their success rates by transferring multiple embryos, increasing the risk of multiple pregnancy and a host of associated medical risks.

Some countries have excessive restrictions on IVF. Some do not allow egg donor cycles, gestational carrier cycles, or even embryo freezing.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Postby howard » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 am

I agree with you ghost. Better the clinic.In USA the treatment is very expensive and they are more successsful because they do not have a limit in the number of fetuses that they transfer. But there are aloso clinics in Europe that are very good and successful. Before I decide, i searched a lot. Greece is a country with quite flexible laws on IVF. They allow everything, egg donation, sperm donation, etc. Thus, they do everything and they are very experienced and with high success rates. That is why I chose to go to Crete in Crete Fertility Centre in Heraclion for my procedure.
howard

Postby xenia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:42 pm

howard - Great. Good luck. It also depends on what treatment you need and what your medical history is. If a woman needs undergoing ivf with pgs ngs, then Poland (particularly the top clinic in Gdansk) is the best option. If a woman needs high quality and affordable ivf de, then Czech clinics are only way to go.
xenia

Previous

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)