IVF-Infertility.com home

how much folic acid?

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

how much folic acid?

Postby hope4 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Hi. everyone. :D
I'm new here.
My 1st Lupron protocol failed since I got only one egg matured.
So I'm on my 2nd IVF cycle with Antagon protocol. I started taking birth control pill on my 4th day of period, then I will go to hospital for the 1st monitoring on 30th. I guess I would start shots after that day.
I hope this time it work.

Anyway, I heard that extra folic acid (upto 5~6mg/day) is good for 12 weeks pregnant from the moment you try your protocol, especially for the women who had a missed abortion for the reason of chromosome; I was this case. we lost our baby on 12th week.
Anyway, but my doctor prescripted me only the prenate Elite (Prenatal nulti vitamin/mineral). It only contains 0.4mg of folic acid.
Does anybody take extra folic acid? Or heard anything? :roll:

good luck to everyone!
hope4

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:07 pm

Hi Hope .. Welcome to the Site ... Sorry your last cycle didn't work out .. The UK Dept of Health recommends women planning a pregnancy 400 mcg, as well as consuming folate rich foods. Other food found sources include gree leaf veg, offal, salmon, mil, pulses ... and vit C aids absorption.

Good luck with this cycle. If join the Sep cycle buddies thread, you'll meet lots of others in tmt around your dates.

Good luck !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby ash » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:24 pm

Hi Hope,

I am sorry for your loss. Unfortunately me too went through a miscarraige at 13 weeks.
The last u/s also revealed that the baby's spine had not developed. hence i was recommended 5 mg folic acid.

Wishing u the very best.

ash.
ash

Thank you all~

Postby hope4 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:14 pm

Thank you Ash and Sandra.
Yesterday, I bought the 2 bottle of Folic acid from CVS. It contains 800mcg. So I started taking from last night. 6pill / day for me, so I think I can get around 5mg today. I hope this helps.
And, my dinner menu today will be lots of mixed rice, dark green leaf & more folic acid and more folic acid. :lol:

Good luck to you too. We will be the best mother!
Let's keep our hope!
hope4

Re: how much folic acid?

Postby daynighthealthcare » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:40 am

Folic Acid hold the folate as active ingredient which is water soluble contains vitamin B. Folate arise in nature in food, and folic acid is the artificial appearance of this vitamin. Folic acid is utilize for avoid and treat low blood levels of folate (folate deficiency), as well as its impediment, together with “tired blood” (anemia) and the lack of ability of the bowel to absorb nutrients properly. Folic acid is as well applied for other circumstances usually related with folate deficiency; include ulcerative colitis, liver disease, alcoholism, and kidney dialysis.

Buy Folic Acid online
daynighthealthcare

Postby InfertilityPhoenix » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 am

Folic acid is important but there are several other natural vitamins and Chasteberry or Vitex, Red Clover, Siberian Ginseng and antioxidents that can help prep the body to get pregnant. Many great natural fertility supplements have these ingredients that help get the body in the ideal environment to get pregnant and the best part about them is that they are natural so not harmful. We used them for our second FET and now we have a healthy 5 year old. Getting ready for our last FET with the last 2 frozen embryos in August.
InfertilityPhoenix

Postby RZachary » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:16 am

InfertilityPhoenix wrote:Folic acid is important but there are several other natural vitamins and Chasteberry or Vitex, Red Clover, Siberian Ginseng and antioxidents that can help prep the body to get pregnant. Many great natural fertility supplements have these ingredients that help get the body in the ideal environment to get pregnant and the best part about them is that they are natural so not harmful. We used them for our second FET and now we have a healthy 5 year old. Getting ready for our last FET with the last 2 frozen embryos in August.

I have visited your website, i just want to ask if we have any herbal medicine instead of folic acid???
RZachary

Postby rahulkumar123 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:51 am

one normal pill of folic acid will be enough per day
rahulkumar123

Postby marcus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi
The dose of Folic acid is 400 micrograms daily and 5 gm a day is only prescribed when there is a high risk of conceiving a child with neural tube defect such as either partner has a neural tube defect, if they have a previous pregnancy affected by a neural tube defect, if the woman has celiac disease, diabetes mellitus, sickle cell anaemia, or taking antiepileptic medicines.
marcus
Site Admin

Postby phannson88 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am

I am sorry for your loss. Unfortunately me too went through a miscarraige at 13 weeks.
The last u/s also revealed that the baby's spine had not developed. hence i was recommended 5 mg folic acid.

goldenslot
goldenslot
phannson88

Return to General Forum