IVF-Infertility.com home

Want to be a surrogate, need help

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Postby peggyriggins » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 am

Hi all, I’m still young and my family is complete and my husband is ok with it, however I don’t know how my family would react. Should I get in touch with an agency or be an independent surrogate. I am in touch with few couples who are seeking to host surrogate. I’m getting to know one couple really well, but not really sure what to do. Is being independent surrogate better or what should I do. Please suggest.
peggyriggins

Sponsor

Re: Want to be a surrogate, need help

Postby bettysanders007 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 am

Hi dear, just thinking about becoming a surrogate takes tremendous courage and empathy so hugs to you. You should talk to your family regarding this and help them understand as you will need their support. It’s good that your husband is supporting you in this. Regarding your concern about being independent or going with an agency, I would suggest that you with the agency. As this is the best method and you will have more chances of being picked up by the couple. Most people considering surrogacy, get in touch with surrogacy agencies to find the match due to less complications. Being an independent, you will have tough time dealing with IP and they will also pay you less as compared to agencies. So going with an agency would be a better choice.
bettysanders007

Postby stefanyross » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:13 am

Hi, being surrogate is a serious responsibility, you are offering your time, energy and body to help fulfill less fortunate people to complete their family and in return you get paid. Going with the agency or being independent both have pros and cons. I too have been an independent surrogate and believe me you have to face a lot of difficulties. It is very difficult to deal with IPs and they pay less, you have to hire someone to deal with all your legal aspects which cost money, you are being a surrogate because you need money and cannot afford to pay the fees of advocate. On the other hand being a surrogate with an agency has many benefits, you get better paid and there are more chances of being you picked and all the legal aspects will be taken care by the agency. Hope this helps you.
stefanyross

Postby evadoyle90 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 am

Hi there, surrogacy is a wonderful experience. The joy of seeing the parents face when they hold their baby for the first time is the moment that is very hard to explain. I have been a surrogate for 5 years now and the joy is immense. I’m working with an agency and have been able to provide joy to 2 families. Initially I started out as an independent surrogate but was not able to get in touch with the IPs and when I did they offered less then what I asked for. I then moved on to join an agency and believe me working with agency is far better than being independent. So, you should research and find an agency near you and get yourself registered there. Good luck and god bless you.
evadoyle90

Postby mistylogan91 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 am

:idea:
mistylogan91

Postby peggyriggins » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:26 am

Hi all thanks for taking the time and replying to me. It’s good to know that there are so many of us helping people fulfill their dream of having a baby. Kudos to all, keep up the good work. Reading your posts, I have realized that I should go with an agency, but the situation is that I don’t to where to look for, which one’s are good or bad. Having a tough time selecting. Hey stefany, can you tell me where you work and help me out in my quest. Thanks.
peggyriggins

Postby Ghost » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm

The above posts are a fake conversation between sock accounts of the same person creating deceptive advertising for a clinic in the Ukraine.

I would avoid any clinic that advertises so deceptively.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)