IVF-Infertility.com home

OK so how does sniffing really feel?

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby Helen » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:38 pm

Just waiting for my period then its all systems go with our first IVF, ICSI is our best option so we have been told.<br><br>Fine no problem Ive been through 5 IUI's so Im used to the drugs etc. and though the ET does worry me a little, I thing Ill cope with it OK...but this nasal spray is really getting me worried...will it hurt, sting, burn, tingle, feel like hell or will it be OK?<br>I cant even blow my nose properly and the thought of having to sniff for up to 14 days is awful.<br><br>I think I just need to know one way or another if its as bad as I think its gonna be, then I can prepare myself!<br>Help!<br><br>Helen
Helen

Postby fi » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:34 pm

Hi Helen,<br><br>Its absolutely fine, you'll have no worries. <br>Emailed your address too!<br><br>Take care,<br>Fi
fi
Regular

Postby Jules » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:18 pm

Hi Helen<br><br>As Fi says you have nothing to worry about. In my experience the sniffing's the easiest part of the whole lot. The only thing to be aware of is you may get a bit of a nasty taste at the back of your throat, but it's fine – honest!!<br><br>By the way, the ET is pretty painless too, it's no more uncomfortable than a smear.<br><br>Take care<br><br>Jules
Jules

Postby Helen » Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:52 pm

Thankyou<br>Fi & Jules,<br><br>I start sniffing on day 19, and feel a little better about it! thats as soon as my period arrives, its actually quite wierd as I am usually regular as clockwork but I am already 4 days late....<br><br>Hubby says its late coz of stress, and I have to calm down a bit, I am pretty hyper at the mo, work is really busy, Ive lots to think about....oh that and my sister in law is expecting again which doesnt help.<br><br>Just want to get on with it all.<br><br>Helen xx
Helen

Return to General Forum