IVF-Infertility.com home

Bye Bye baby

Forum for those who have lost their babies through miscarriage, neonatal or stillbirth.

Bye Bye baby

Postby sophiejane » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:58 pm

You've only been in my tummy for 10 weeks, but I loved you. I'm sorry daddy and I never got to hold you. We are so sad.
Your twin baby brother or sister is still in my tummy. I am hoping that they will not leave me too.
I hope someone is looking after you...... I'm just so sorry it is no longer me.
Lots and lots of love.
Me 33 dp 30
me tubal damage
ist ivf Feb04 -ive
fet July04 -ive
ivf Nov04 +ive twins, but sadly one twin died at 10 weeks gestation. Freya born 21st July 2005. She's amazing!
sophiejane
Regular

Sponsor

Postby ogr1 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:19 pm

i am so sorry .. i wish i had words to help..
please give yourself time ... we become so attached i think even before they take our eggs. i know when i mc it has helped me to give my children a name.i will lite a candle for both of your children.
one for your angle and one for you to hold in your arms.

woppa had been pregnant with twins and had mc one and now she has the most beautiful daughter that she holds in her arms.
love becky
we werent blessed with our babies to raise here but we our blessed with our grandaughter
and all of our many adopted and foster children that touch our lives
and i am glad to add that our 6th grandchild will be born this spring!!!!
ogr1
Board Veteran

Postby sophiejane » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks Becky,
I have been thinking of a name but I don't know whether the baby was a boy or girl. I'll speak to dh tonight and see what he thinks. I've been looking at the scan photo all day, and just left with the unanswerable "why"?.
Me 33 dp 30
me tubal damage
ist ivf Feb04 -ive
fet July04 -ive
ivf Nov04 +ive twins, but sadly one twin died at 10 weeks gestation. Freya born 21st July 2005. She's amazing!
sophiejane
Regular

Postby Sand » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:58 pm

Sophie-J ... I am so, so sorry to read your post. The only comfort, I think, is that for whatever reason, it was meant to happen.

You make sure you take double extra care of big brother/sister in there - he/she needs you to be strong, positive and healthy ...

Take care of yourself, and daddy ...

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby ogr1 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:15 pm

becareful with the whys. i dont think that there is ever any good resons
for this crulity.

allow your self time to greive but remember that you still have one and try to hold on to that. hopefuly that will help you get threw some of the darkness.

and you dont have to name a boy or a girl you could just have a nick name or something...
i had held on to the fact that i had the gift of being pregnant....

becky
we werent blessed with our babies to raise here but we our blessed with our grandaughter
and all of our many adopted and foster children that touch our lives
and i am glad to add that our 6th grandchild will be born this spring!!!!
ogr1
Board Veteran

Postby Dagny » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:18 pm

My dearest Sophie :(

Words cannot comfort you at this time as I well know. My heart is aching for you though. I have followed your treatment and was overjoyed to see you get your BFP and then to see you were having twins - wow!

It seems so unthinkable that we should suffer anymore than we have already after going through the pain of IVF and negative results but there is a higher being who for some reason has other plans.

I can't tell you how shocked I was to read your sad news. It must have been such a bombshell. But please believe me when I say that this baby you still have growing in your tummy will have the most perfect guardian angel keeping he or she safe for the rest of it's life.

I too have just lost my baby again at 7/8 weeks and my pain is breaking me in two.

Sophie - you must be strong for your baby and your wonderful husband. I think it is a good idea to name the baby even though you don't know if it was a boy or a girl they were a living baby and had a soul. Have a ceremony quietly with DH buy a helium balloon and go to a beautiful countryside and let it go. Plant a rose bush with an apropriate name. We did for Katelyn. One was called Sweet Memories and the other Sugar Baby.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve but time will make it better. I promise you. Focus on the future and what joy this baby will give you. You will never forget the twin - they will always have a special part of your heart.

Thinking of you, take care and if you need to talk don't hasitate to PM me. I will say a prayer for your baby and mine tomorrow at church tomorrow morning.

Much love Dagny xkx
Me 38 DH 40
1st 2nd & 4th IVF/ICSI -ve
3rd +ve DD Katelyn born @ 24wks & sadly died
5th +ve m/c 9wks
6th +ve Twins Sadly DD Leah stillborn @20wks and DS Kieran born @22wks but sadly died too
7th +ve - DD Chloë Mae born @38wks our precious miracle
Dagny
Valued Contributor

Return to Babies - Loved and Lost